FedEx Drivers ProAbortion Rage

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
1. If you don't want to get "nearly" run over, don't stand on the edge of the street.

2. It didn't look to me like the FedEx truck was breaking the speed limit, his RPM's were just up a little bit between shifts.

3. The drivers choice to not wear his seatbelt, while stupid, has nothing to do with the debate over abortion.

4. Yes he was illegally parked, but it was directly in front of a storefront that he was picking up. I'm pretty sure that the UPS truck, the Staples truck, the garbage truck and the bottled water truck also park there while in the performance of their duties.

Nothing to see here, move along......

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I hope to one day have this much free time, to stand on the street holding signs and then making a totally waste of time video. Are there no starving children in the world for them to go help?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Am I the only one who found the driver's actions to be totally unprofessional? The courteous thing to do when approaching a pedestrian(s) is to slow down and move over. Also, there is never a right reason to park on the wrong side of the road.

I hope a copy of that video was sent to Memphis.

bbsam

Staff member
Am I the only one who found the driver's actions to be totally unprofessional? The courteous thing to do when approaching a pedestrian(s) is to slow down and move over. Also, there is never a right reason to park on the wrong side of the road.

Probably Pittsburgh.

He probably could have been going slower but he wasn't inches from hitting a pedestrian either. If you pay attention to the truck as it passes he's a couple feet in from the curb at least. I think I know a lot of drivers who would have been less professional to protesters sticking a camera in their faces. He probably will be reprimanded for the seat belt though.

Z

ZQXC

Actually, they are too close to the road.

It's called a road for a reason. There is a raised grassy area behind them where they could stand and demonstrate.

WALOC

TUT

Listening to their words on the sidewalk, it seems they are so pent up on their own issue, that they feel everything around them is a representation about how others feel about their cause. So if you drive a little close or possibly a little fast (both debatable) then you must be for abortion and don't like their cause, you are out to get them. Yah that's sane and no that wouldn't be reading too much into it.

Then to actually get on the case to follow the guy around? Really? That is the strange thing happening here, weird and stalking. I feel their hate beyond anything else.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Didn't you see the FedEx on the side of the package car?

PT Car Washer

I agree about the unprofessionalism but how does that make it a pro abortion stance?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree about the unprofessionalism but how does that make it a pro abortion stance?

Good question.

Whenever I am on the clock and I approach a protest that I agree with I will honk my horn and give a "thumbs up" in support; conversely, if I am on the clock and I disagree with the protest I will keep my opinion to myself. In both cases I will slow down and move over to the left.

If I had to guess I would say the driver in question did not agree with the protest which is why he didn't slow down or move to the left.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good question.

Whenever I am on the clock and I approach a protest that I agree with I will honk my horn and give a "thumbs up" in support; conversely, if I am on the clock and I disagree with the protest I will keep my opinion to myself. In both cases I will slow down and move over to the left.

If I had to guess I would say the driver in question did not agree with the protest which is why he didn't slow down or move to the left.

Or he just could have been an idiot.

dezguy

Looks to me like a bunch of people butthurt that no one is paying attention to their "demonstration". That was a little close? No kidding, you're standing on the curb next to a road that allows for vehicular traffic! Illegally parked? I guess they've never seen a delivery vehicle before. So sorry we are working and can't be expected to search for a parking spot in front of the store.

I park wherever I possibly can that is the quickest time in and out. I don't have time to drive around for 5 minutes trying to find a "proper" place to park. I'm inside for 30 seconds to a minute. People can get over it. My manager has also said the same thing. Not to worry about where I park.

tracker2762

It doesn't matter who was on the side of the road, no reason to to go so fast past them or even that close. As for illegal parking, we've all parked in front of a store front to make delivery. The problem was he parked in the wrong direction facing on coming traffic. Which creates other safety issues.