FedEx employees get so screwed they get civil rights activists attention

packageguy

I think if you do the same job, we should be on equal playing field. Fdx said they would cancel 10 plane order, from boeing this is bull****. Mr Fred has some people in his pocket. I will say it again I think if they investigate fdx you will find there numbers are made up. I THINK IT SHOULD BE A EQUAL PLAYING FIELD.

Lordtekk

It's a good read but frustrating at the same time. Nothing will ever be done because each politician in Fred's pocket does not have enough Fedex constituents to vote them out. The rich buy the politicians and the fools vote for them. No wonder aliens have never landed here on Earth they realize how stupid we are. I don't blame them.

purplesky

Sure wish 60 minutes would do a story on FDX and their business model scam. Considering the IRS and many states have gone after FDX for the fraud they have pulled off so far.

If I remember correctly they did a story on Fred S and FDX years ago before the ground scam happened.

FDX buys alot of ads so that might be an issue from CBS allowing it. 60 minutes seems to tackle everything so it would be interesting to see the story covered.

60 minutes could start with the lobbyists that Fred S has paid tens of millions to influence votes to screw his workers at FDX.

The irony is that Fred S will probably end up screwing the current contractors (actual route owners) down the road. YOU KNOW THIS IS PLAN C AND D. Plan B is currently screwing FDX Express employees.

It wasnt that long ago that working for FDX Express was considered a pretty good job. Working for FDX ground has never been and probably will never be considered a good job at all in its current state of fraud.

The usual FDX GROUND OWNER TROLLS WILL NOW COME ON HERE AND BRAG ABOUT HOW GREAT GROUND IS BUT WE ALL KNOW IT SUCKS FOR THE MAJORITY OF FDX GROUND WORKERS.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you guys realize how old this is? Senator Russ Feingold? Representative Oberstar? I think both have been gone since 2010.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think if you do the same job, we should be on equal playing field. Fdx said they would cancel 10 plane order, from boeing this is bull****. Mr Fred has some people in his pocket. I will say it again I think if they investigate fdx you will find there numbers are made up. I THINK IT SHOULD BE A EQUAL PLAYING FIELD.

This concerns Ground, not Express. Fred's threat to cancel part of his 777 order from Boeing dealt with the possibility of Express being re-classified away from Smith's special Railway Labor Act exemption. That said, FedEx is all about special deals with both Ground and Express. There is little doubt that Ground drivers are really employees, but Smith has so far been able to outmaneuver the legal system with the newer ISP contractor model.

I truly do think Fred's day is coming. Sooner would be better than later.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sure wish 60 minutes would do a story on FDX and their business model scam. Considering the IRS and many states have gone after FDX for the fraud they have pulled off so far.

If I remember correctly they did a story on Fred S and FDX years ago before the ground scam happened.

FDX buys alot of ads so that might be an issue from CBS allowing it. 60 minutes seems to tackle everything so it would be interesting to see the story covered.

60 minutes could start with the lobbyists that Fred S has paid tens of millions to influence votes to screw his workers at FDX.

The irony is that Fred S will probably end up screwing the current contractors (actual route owners) down the road. YOU KNOW THIS IS PLAN C AND D. Plan B is currently screwing FDX Express employees.

It wasnt that long ago that working for FDX Express was considered a pretty good job. Working for FDX ground has never been and probably will never be considered a good job at all in its current state of fraud.

The usual FDX GROUND OWNER TROLLS WILL NOW COME ON HERE AND BRAG ABOUT HOW GREAT GROUND IS BUT WE ALL KNOW IT SUCKS FOR THE MAJORITY OF FDX GROUND WORKERS.

The 60 Minutes story CBS did on FedEx was basically a PR piece, not an expose'. I've written them several times now to try and get them to do some real investigative journalism on the way FedEx really operates, with no success. It doesn't have to be 60 Minutes anyway. Our chances of having a local media outlet investigate FedEx are much better, especially if it concerns a local issue such as driving safety. The national network doesn't want to piss-off FedEx and lose those lucrative advertising dollars, but the local station doesn't have those same concerns.

As I've said before, FedEx is well on it's way to having a "Dominoe's Moment", at which point national attention will be focused like a laser beam on them after someone figures out how many innocent people their push for productivity is killing. One of these days, some harried courier is going to have a huge accident that finally triggers public outrage.

purplesky

The 60 Minutes story CBS did on FedEx was basically a PR piece, not an expose'. I've written them several times now to try and get them to do some real investigative journalism on the way FedEx really operates, with no success. It doesn't have to be 60 Minutes anyway. Our chances of having a local media outlet investigate FedEx are much better, especially if it concerns a local issue such as driving safety. The national network doesn't want to piss-off FedEx and lose those lucrative advertising dollars, but the local station doesn't have those same concerns.

As I've said before, FedEx is well on it's way to having a "Dominoe's Moment", at which point national attention will be focused like a laser beam on them after someone figures out how many innocent people their push for productivity is killing. One of these days, some harried courier is going to have a huge accident that finally triggers public outrage.

Yes at that time in history when 60 minutes did their story FDX Express was a great success story and was pretty amazing as a company. Not many bad things to say at that time. Cool company to work for and invest your career. Its obviously not now. ITS A business NEWS STORY NOW THAT IS REALLY INTERESTING.

vantexan

Could be that companies that do a huge amount of shipping aren't going to screw themselves by doing stories on their favorite delivery company that could cause their own shipping costs to rise.

Lordtekk

It matters because the issue has been effectively killed for now. No sense in making people think there iis help just around the corner.
Key words "for now",but it is not forgotten. We will see after Nov 6,that will play a huge part in what is going to happen.

bbsam

Staff member
Key words "for now",but it is not forgotten. We will see after Nov 6,that will play a huge part in what is going to happen.
Not really. The FAA extension has been passed without the Oberstar changes to the bill which would have made Express covered under the NLRA. Besides, though I'd like to see the democrats win back the House, it's probably not going to happen.

Lordtekk

Not really. The FAA extension has been passed without the Oberstar changes to the bill which would have made Express covered under the NLRA. Besides, though I'd like to see the democrats win back the House, it's probably not going to happen.
It won't happen till the people in
Express stand up for themselves and do something about it. Media attention and attention to the politicians who are holding it back. But I've been saying that for years. I have another 8 years to go till retirement and I'm fully vested and my highest years are behind me,but I make enough to survive so I'm straight. But the rest who are not in my position will have a long road ahead of them and I see Fedex going down the tubes if something is not done.

DontThrowPackages

Could be that companies that do a huge amount of shipping aren't going to screw themselves by doing stories on their favorite delivery company that could cause their own shipping costs to rise.
Totally agree. I'm sure the company has deals with the media(news stations) where they ship for almost free. Seems every story, in the past involving the company, would air one time and that would be the end of it. Only because of the new age media,(WWW) some stories don't go away. No matter how many times they call YOUTUBE and request a video be taken down, some will re-post it.

bbsam

Staff member
It won't happen till the people in
Express stand up for themselves and do something about it. Media attention and attention to the politicians who are holding it back. But I've been saying that for years. I have another 8 years to go till retirement and I'm fully vested and my highest years are behind me,but I make enough to survive so I'm straight. But the rest who are not in my position will have a long road ahead of them and I see Fedex going down the tubes if something is not done.
And whether you believe it or not, this is exactly what MFE, R1a, I, and others have said around here for several years. Welcome to the party.