FedEx Express Aircraft Mechanic Campaign in High Gear

chrisgumm

My brother is an aircraft mechanic with Express in Memphis and told me over Easter that they have been quietly organizing their group themselves since last summer and have picked up a lot of support throughout the country. They plan to file with the Board in Washington this summer.

Good luck guys!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My brother is an aircraft mechanic with Express in Memphis and told me over Easter that they have been quietly organizing their group themselves since last summer and have picked up a lot of support throughout the country. They plan to file with the Board in Washington this summer.

Good luck guys!

Excellent news!! A small enough workgroup to be successful. It begins...

yadig

Fred will give them a raise and so forth... I just wish other work groups could see the benifits of organizing... Maybe this is a start...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He would rather spend three times the cost of a raise increase on crushing any organizing.
That's a very good observation. Fred loves to be a control freak. He gets his enjoyment out of seeing him and his cronies wealthy and powerful and the peon employees (you know the one's who all helped make FedEx successful) struggling to make ends meet.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He would rather spend three times the cost of a raise increase on crushing any organizing.

Yep, and that's because he doesn't want to give unions a toehold. To him, that's money well spent. I think Fred's karma is about to turn bad because you can't treat people the way he has for so long without consequences. Couldn't happen to a more deserving miser/rat bastard.

TUT

MFE what do you think the reality is long term? I say there is a good chance of this scenario: Once unionized, it has no bearing on drivers. Over time you will then begin to look at them as "others" "ungrateful" as you do your unionized pilots who you feel are stuck up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE what do you think the reality is long term? I say there is a good chance of this scenario: Once unionized, it has no bearing on drivers. Over time you will then begin to look at them as "others" "ungrateful" as you do your unionized pilots who you feel are stuck up.

Actually, it's crucial to the drivers. Once they see that Fred can be stomped-on, they will "get it". That's why Smith will spend millions trying to kill the organization of the mechanics. It's illegal to try and buy them off (Unfair Labor Practice), but that won't stop King Rat from trying.

TUT

Actually, it's crucial to the drivers. Once they see that Fred can be stomped-on, they will "get it". That's why Smith will spend millions trying to kill the organization of the mechanics. It's illegal to try and buy them off (Unfair Labor Practice), but that won't stop King Rat from trying.

I do agree that any step is a good step, but it still might not really have any relevance for you. I'm pro-union because it sets a wage for the working man in which I am and it has eroded (thanks to outsourcing) and that doubly hurts us non-unions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do agree that any step is a good step, but it still might not really have any relevance for you. I'm pro-union because it sets a wage for the working man in which I am and it has eroded (thanks to outsourcing) and that doubly hurts us non-unions.

True. They keep racing for the bottom, and everyone else gets dragged down with us.