Fedex Express Canada President will appear in Undercover Boss

klein

Für Meno :)
He meant this story, and yes, Fedex Canada will be on the show.
That I think many of you won`t even be able to see.

Undercover Boss goes Canadian, eh!

SmithBarney

Undercover boss, started with a good premise, now they actively seek out the "sob-story" employees and built the show around them.
I feel for some of the folks, but you cannot take the show seriously any longer. You'll never see FedEx US with top brass on the show because they love themselves so much their images are plastered everywhere in the company, they'd get ID'd right away.

vantexan

Undercover boss, started with a good premise, now they actively seek out the "sob-story" employees and built the show around them.
I feel for some of the folks, but you cannot take the show seriously any longer. You'll never see FedEx US with top brass on the show because they love themselves so much their images are plastered everywhere in the company, they'd get ID'd right away.

Yeah, and no way would a FedEx exec look sympathetically at a struggling employee and offer them $10k towards school or whatever. He'd offer her a $50 Bravo Zulu and tell her thank you for making it happen on the frontline.

FedEx2000

Yeah, and no way would a FedEx exec look sympathetically at a struggling employee and offer them $10k towards school or whatever. He'd offer her a $50 Bravo Zulu and tell her thank you for making it happen on the frontline.

Right, b/c they already offer $3,000 for school each year for ALL FT and PT employees, adds up to a tad more than $10k......but you conveniently forgot to mention that.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Don't forget the fact that they will tax it too by putting it on your check.

vantexan

Right, b/c they already offer $3,000 for school each year for ALL FT and PT employees, adds up to a tad more than $10k......but you conveniently forgot to mention that.

You miss the point. FedEx doesn't give something for nothing. It's nice that FedEx has tuition reimbursement although I was told recently that you have to study things that FedEx approves. Don't know if that's true but a co-worker told me his chosen major was denied reimbursement. But the point is that on that show corporate exec's grab some nice PR by acting magnanimous. If a FedEx exec did that you'd hear a very loud expletive related to cow droppings coming from thousands of households nationwide. The FedEx corporate DNA has "give a little, take alot" written into it. Thanks for letting me clarify that. :)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You miss the point. FedEx doesn't give something for nothing. It's nice that FedEx has tuition reimbursement although I was told recently that you have to study things that FedEx approves. Don't know if that's true but a co-worker told me his chosen major was denied reimbursement

I can't remember off the top of my head, but my recollection is that they'll pay for your first undergrad degree. Graduate degrees or additional undergrad degrees require that they be related to something that FedEx does.

vantexan

I can't remember off the top of my head, but my recollection is that they'll pay for your first undergrad degree. Graduate degrees or additional undergrad degrees require that they be related to something that FedEx does.

I believe his major was nursing and he was told it wasn't related to FedEx work. Didn't say if it was a second degree.

Ziparoo

Spoiler alert;first off-haha what a PR joke.
Here's some insider info on this show.Companies that participate on this show have all the control on the final editing process.you wouldn't want some disgruntled employee saying something negative about FedEx now would you?Nevertheless,
The employees that end up in this PR Show are very carefully chosen and for insurance purposes,6-7 cool-aid drinkers are chosen to be on the show and the top 3 sob stories make the editing cut.
Ok spoiler alert,here's how it probably went down;Hi USA this is Canada,were gonna be on T.V.
Omg-give out a cruise to the best sob story.
On a final note,I found it quite ironic-undercover boss FedEx,isn't that old news?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

So true.
In my dispatch office, there are pics. of the FDX top brass, as if they say a pledge of allegiance to them every morning or, something.

Yeah,
I'm getting tired of the too predictable sob story and then the person that needs to be "re-trained".
Oh well, another good idea down the drain.

LTFedExer

you wouldn't want some disgruntled employee saying something negative about FedEx now would you?

Not necessarily true. I watch the show regularly, I've seen employees telling the CEO (or whoever is undercover) how bad the company treats them.