FedEx Express Can't Get The Job Done

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think that shippers are starting to turn away from Express because they can't get the job done. Too many lates, thefts, CTVs that miss the plane etc. Yes, some of it is a changing global economy, but word travels fast among the shipping public, especially the big players. Perhaps Apple is hedging it's bet with Express because they know what to expect....poor performance.

By putting such a heavy emphasis on Ground, and basically ignoring the Express opco, Fred is losing a big share of a market he still wants, especially from Asia.

Boo Hoo, Fred.

Myort

At my station in the past couple of weeks, they have been really pushing service, even encouraging couriers to go way out of their area to meet another route to save a couple of lates. Also for the surge event tomorrow, they seem to be very liberal in using extra help. In the past, they try to skimp in bringing PM routes in early to deliver. I wonder if corporate has put the word out that we must get this event must be successful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At my station in the past couple of weeks, they have been really pushing service, even encouraging couriers to go way out of their area to meet another route to save a couple of lates. Also for the surge event tomorrow, they seem to be very liberal in using extra help. In the past, they try to skimp in bringing PM routes in early to deliver. I wonder if corporate has put the word out that we must get this event must be successful.

I've heard (via the forums), that the forecast for Apple volume has been reduced. Maybe your station is an exception to what seems to be the rule these days...chaos. In my district, things are not going well operationally, especially in the PM. They can't handle what they have now, and Apple will have a lot of Code 01's, unless they direct people to dump other stops instead.

check6ii

I think that shippers are starting to turn away from Express because they can't get the job done. Too many lates, thefts, CTVs that miss the plane etc. Yes, some of it is a changing global economy, but word travels fast among the shipping public, especially the big players. Perhaps Apple is hedging it's bet with Express because they know what to expect....poor performance.

By putting such a heavy emphasis on Ground, and basically ignoring the Express opco, Fred is losing a big share of a market he still wants, especially from Asia.

Boo Hoo, Fred.

Ya, I have to agree. And to be honest I feel kinda bad about Express not being capable like we were back in the early 90s. I would love to see the contract from apple in regards to performance and what they will actually pay if there are massive service failures and so on. I see that the hype isnt nearly as bad as the 4s was a year ago. Plus, other phones smoke the I phone, such as my Droid Razr Max. Maybe apple finally released a 4g phone with the new one. I cant help but think the Iphone is just a big brew haha over nothing. And before you guys shag me, yeah, I have an apple computer. And I still prefer my Dell over it! Wife uses the Apple lol

Myort

I've heard (via the forums), that the forecast for Apple volume has been reduced. Maybe your station is an exception to what seems to be the rule these days...chaos. In my district, things are not going well operationally, especially in the PM. They can't handle what they have now, and Apple will have a lot of Code 01's, unless they direct people to dump other stops instead.

Code 01's don't happen at our station unless it is a bad weather event.

check6ii

Ya, its surely regional. Areas near big cities and more affluent areas will be hit the hardest. Sorry SRFA and NOTA in the SF Bay Area. Especially hoyty toyty Marin......Glad Im here in the depressed Southern region lol. Wait.....Im near Nashville. NEVERMIND!

GoodGrief

Boo Hoo, Fred.

No wonder they can't the job done with morons like you working for them. I wish you'd just move on....

DontThrowPackages

Ya, I have to agree. And to be honest I feel kinda bad about Express not being capable like we were back in the early 90s. I would love to see the contract from apple in regards to performance and what they will actually pay if there are massive service failures and so on. I see that the hype isnt nearly as bad as the 4s was a year ago. Plus, other phones smoke the I phone, such as my Droid Razr Max. Maybe apple finally released a 4g phone with the new one. I cant help but think the Iphone is just a big brew haha over nothing. And before you guys shag me, yeah, I have an apple computer. And I still prefer my Dell over it! Wife uses the Apple lol
I agree. I love Droid. So many more apps are free for the taking as apposed to apple having to pay for the same. I think Apple is more about image. The Iphone says, "Yeah, look at me, I'm a hipster and know more than you." The Droid says," Im a free thinker and no one will tell me how to think" lol. IPhone is nice, its just that I've come across much nicer. YMMV.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No wonder they can't the job done with morons like you working for them. I wish you'd just move on....

It's morons like me that keep you Kool-Aid addicts in-check. Go ahead, be an idiot and let them suck you dry. Then, you'll ask for another beating. You sound like a "perfect" employee...clueless.

vantexan

It's extremely important when calling others morons that you check your sentences for missing words, etc(trust me I know). Otherwise you look like a maroon yourself. That aside, what's got you so ruffled? Yeah, he's over the top. But you work for a company that has forced a large group of employees for years to accept much less than their fellow employees while doing the same job. Please don't bring up the old saw about why didn't we leave? Many of us stayed for the traditional pension, because we liked the work, because our fellow employees were like family, and numerous other reasons. But considering the price FedEx has made us pay, reneging on promises and actively seeking to curtail future earnings, how can you still be so pro-FedEx? Is it because you've managed to get a nice position so it's easy to turn a blind eye to what so many of us experience? If you can't stand his laying it on thick, then maybe this isn't the forum for you. If all we discussed were the great things FedEx is doing for us there wouldn't be much to talk about. "I've got a job, yay!". "FedEx still offers healthcare, yay!". Repeat...

GoodGrief

It's morons like me that keep you Kool-Aid addicts in-check. Go ahead, be an idiot and let them suck you dry. Then, you'll ask for another beating. You sound like a "perfect" employee...clueless.

Suck me dry? Funny cause I make 3 times what you do dip:censored2:.

GoodGrief

It's extremely important when calling others morons that you check your sentences for missing words, etc(trust me I know). Otherwise you look like a maroon yourself. That aside, what's got you so ruffled? Yeah, he's over the top. But you work for a company that has forced a large group of employees for years to accept much less than their fellow employees while doing the same job. Please don't bring up the old saw about why didn't we leave? Many of us stayed for the traditional pension, because we liked the work, because our fellow employees were like family, and numerous other reasons. But considering the price FedEx has made us paid, reneging on promises and actively seeking to curtail future earnings, how can you still be so pro-FedEx? Is it because you've managed to get a nice position so it's easy to turn a blind eye to what so many of us experience? If you can't stand his laying it on thick, then maybe this isn't the forum for you. If all we discussed were the great things FedEx is doing for us there wouldn't be much to talk about. "I've got a job, yay!". "FedEx still offers healthcare, yay!".

Listen, posters like you I respect and may even agree with. He has a way of expressing himself that is rubbing me wrong...sue me. Organized sick day? Leave the truck in the middle of nowhere and walk away? Come on...over the top is not even close. And yes, I do have a nice positions. But I also have an educations, experience and work ethic. I value my job. Ans BTW, as long as we're pointing out post typos, missing words, I would re-read yours if I were you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Suck me dry? Funny cause I make 3 times what you do dip:censored2:.

Sure you do. We don't even know what the Hell you are or what you do. You aren't an Express employee, so you don't have a clue what we are talking about on here. You just spew useless crap and hope it sticks to something. Fred likes people like you too. Play-Dough pliable, and Play-Dough dumb.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Listen, posters like you I respect and may even agree with. He has a way of expressing himself that is rubbing me wrong...sue me. Organized sick day? Leave the truck in the middle of nowhere and walk away? Come on...over the top is not even close. And yes, I do have a nice positions. But I also have an educations, experience and work ethic. I value my job. Ans BTW, as long as we're pointing out post typos, missing words, I would re-read yours if I were you.
BTW, who's YOUR proofreader?

vantexan

Already corrected paid to pay, and I prefer yay to yea. If there are other mistakes I covered that under "trust me I know". :). Now, just curious. Did you get the 3X Mr. FedEx'es pay due to the "nice positions"? :shesaidsmiley:

I'm guessing you are hitting the sauce hard tonight..."an educations"...

GoodGrief

Already corrected paid to pay, and I prefer yay to yea. If there are other mistakes I covered that under "trust me I know". :). Now, just curious. Did you get the 3X Mr. FedEx'es pay due to the "nice positions"? :shesaidsmiley:

I'm guessing you are hitting the sauce hard tonight..."an educations"...

Ok, now you're being an ass.....I am out.

check6ii

I agree. I love Droid. So many more apps are free for the taking as apposed to apple having to pay for the same. I think Apple is more about image. The Iphone says, "Yeah, look at me, I'm a hipster and know more than you." The Droid says," Im a free thinker and no one will tell me how to think" lol. IPhone is nice, its just that I've come across much nicer. YMMV.

EXACTLY. Ill go out on a limb and say........Iphones are Democrats. Droids are Republican. Ok-flame suit is on.....fire away. IDGAF

DontThrowPackages

Are you saying, because of where you are in the company, we are not allow to post our true feeling because of where we are? You sound like the house servant asking why the field hands complain so much. They should be happy master feeds them and lets them sleep on hay. Feel free to get as mad as you like but some of us aren't half as hard on the company as we can be. I keep the harshness to myself, sit back and let the most outspoken say what we're all thinking. Good for him for having the huevos for speaking his mind. For the time you've been on this site, I'll bet the majority of what you've read, 80pct, even higher, rubs you the wrong way. I ask you, why upset yourself and continue to come back everyday? If I came across a site where it and the people on it pissed me off so much, I'd remove it from my Bookmark and be done with it.
I wonder about some of the people that come here and don't have anything negative to say. Maybe they're getting paid to be here? Maybe it's their job to be here? On the clock as the "think positive" troll. Writing and turning in reports, highlighting any comments that can be construed harmful and such. The net is huge, countless site are out there waiting for you. We are just Minions here. Maybe, if you search, you can find a site run by your peers. Why would you lurk here where the help hangs out? Curious.

vantexan

Are you saying, because of where you are in the company, we are not allow to post our true feeling because of where we are? You sound like the house servant asking why the field hands complain so much. They should be happy master feeds them and lets them sleep on hay. Feel free to get as mad as you like but some of us aren't half as hard on the company as we can be. I keep the harshness to myself, sit back and let the most outspoken say what we're all thinking. Good for him for having the huevos for speaking his mind. For the time you've been on this site, I'll bet the majority of what you've read, 80pct, even higher, rubs you the wrong way. I ask you, why upset yourself and continue to come back everyday? If I came across a site where it and the people on it pissed me off so much, I'd remove it from my Bookmark and be done with it.
I wonder about some of the people that come here and don't have anything negative to say. Maybe they're getting paid to be here? Maybe it's their job to be here? On the clock as the "think positive" troll. Writing and turning in reports, highlighting any comments that can be construed harmful and such. The net is huge, countless site are out there waiting for you. We are just Minions here. Maybe, if you search, you can find a site run by your peers. Why would you lurk here where the help hangs out? Curious.

She's just shocked that not everyone feels like she does about the company. It's been very good for her. If she's making that much I wonder if she'll be offered a buyout.