Fedex Express job?

DarthGroot

I have an interview for a Fedex Express job, I currently am a Sub at the USPS. Can anyone tell me about this job and if you can achieve a full time position?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have an interview for a Fedex Express job, I currently am a Sub at the USPS. Can anyone tell me about this job and if you can achieve a full time position?
Your question could be answered more directly if you would have bothered to tell us exactly what FedEx Express "job" you're interviewing for - courier?, handler?, customer service agent?, CEO?.....be more specific please

Yes, you can achieve a full time position.....but the question for you would be - why?

DarthGroot

It's Express Courier, and because I work every Saturday and Sunday and constantly on-call. Some months I work 8 days.. another I work 20.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'll let the couriers here chime in then. It's been many years since I've had the pleasure. I'm assuming you've perused through some of the previous pages of this forum(?)

The best advice I can give to you if you are "fortunate" enough to land the position is to make certain you have an ample supply of anal lube on hand at all times.

Good luck.

TheKid99

Stay at USPS apply for CCA if you're an RCA

I worked at all three USPS, FedEx and UPS (currently at UPS) and USPS is the best company I've worked for so far.

Purplepackage

It's Express Courier, and because I work every Saturday and Sunday and constantly on-call. Some months I work 8 days.. another I work 20.

Well first off are you bring hired part time? If so are you being hired part time am or pm?

You can pretty much get full time hours at most stations if you want them, but keep in mind that means coming back for the unload and reload at night and working Saturdays

If you're looking for a full time route that could come up in 2 months or 5 years really depends on the average age of the couriers at your station

Serf

The schedule they told me is 6am-1 pm M-S with a day off during the week.
Honest opinion, the only reason why I say go Express is because you said you are coming from the Postal Service. The USPS is sinking. I feel bad for all these temps I see as letter carriers in civilian clothes, thinking in a year or two the Post Office is going to hire them full time perm status. If anything, take the Express job, you can usually get more hours if you want. And apply for AMAZON jobs!;)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Because it seems like it's a good job and could end up being a decent gig. I know a lot of people say it's not but I don't know. I signed up for cdl classes instead.

I've been at FedEx a long time. It USED to be a great gig. Now, it's just a job.

When you get your CDL with all the endorsements, you will find that it's like having a "golden ticket". CDL holders are in high demand. You will find that you made the right choice. Good luck to you.

Mfav24

I've been at FedEx a long time. It USED to be a great gig. Now, it's just a job.

When you get your CDL with all the endorsements, you will find that it's like having a "golden ticket". CDL holders are in high demand. You will find that you made the right choice. Good luck to you.

Thank you I appreciate it. I'm just hoping I can find a good gig that I will have a normal life with normals hours and hopefully a m-friend

Purplepackage

The schedule they told me is 6am-1 pm M-S with a day off during the week.

I wouldn't be surprised if that changes when you're hired and you end up working Saturdays.

Of course that a super easy day at least at my station, we usually have 9 people working take out maybe 20 stops and in before 12:30 for me when I wokr

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The transportation industry is not for you if you're looking for normal.

What a perfect answer for this guy...right on the money. Even the best transportation jobs have strange hours, long days, and weekends, especially if you are new. If he goes to a union company he'll probably be on the extra board, and almost everywhere, he'll be some sort of cover driver. You make your real money on OT.

Mike Fava. You need to talk to people who already are doing the job. Every one of them will attest to what SPH said. If you're looking for normal, you're in the wrong industry.