Fedex ground 10 hour rule.

ironbub

5E3F63FC-7A13-4A37-9D23-EC7184AADD70.jpeg
so I was going to let this slide, but after being :censored2:ed over and lied to recently, who do I report this to? I am currently a fedex ground driver and this is the BC, the owner also knows about it as he told me the same, just not in writing.

It will be fine

Department of Labor would be very interested in this
Maybe the DOT. Work hours for pay aren’t logged by the scanner. FedEx uses them for DOT hours, that’s all. There’s not much here that’s actionable though, we don’t know when he was scheduled to start the following day, or any days between this Monday and the Saturday the BC is concerned about. Anyone can create a screen shot of a text message.

To me it looks like another child that’s too afraid to advocate for themselves in person, so he cries to the internet to validate his victimhood.

bacha29

Department of Labor would be very interested in this
Still out on the road while the HOS record shows that he was back in and done hours earlier.....But, during those unaccounted for hours....he gets in a wreck.

I can hear the BC and bottom feeding contractor now...."Oh what we said there were only "SUGGESTIONS" Yeah what we said to him was just a suggestion, nothing more . What he did the did out of his own free will and volition. Yeah, yeah, we had nothing to do with what the kid did"

bacha29

Maybe the DOT. Work hours for pay aren’t logged by the scanner. FedEx uses them for DOT hours, that’s all. There’s not much here that’s actionable though, we don’t know when he was scheduled to start the following day, or any days between this Monday and the Saturday the BC is concerned about. Anyone can create a screen shot of a text message.

To me it looks like another child that’s too afraid to advocate for themselves in person, so he cries to the internet to validate his victimhood.
Advocate for himself? The kid doesn't have to advocate for anything because he's doing nothing wrong. He's just doing what he's told.. Cheat on his hours so that he can be sent right back out there again.

Once question stands out above everything else you might throw out there... What circumstances existed that would compel that BC and CSP to willfully order the kid to cheat on his hours?

Once again in all likelihood what we have here is a contractor unable to find somebody willing to go out there and kill himself for half the wages and zero benefits., And who's fault is that? Is it this individuals fault that somebody wrongly believed that all he had to do was to buy up a bunch of routes, probably overpaid for them then just sit back and count up the cash?

For years this corrupt business model has been patched and welded together with addendums bolted onto other addendums .

It's only a matter of time until those patches will no longer hold everything together. And it's amazing that it has managed to get along for as long as it has.

I wonder how much scrap steel Fat Freddy has left in his shed that he can use to fabricate another addendum.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
View attachment 415435so I was going to let this slide, but after being :censored2:ed over and lied to recently, who do I report this to? I am currently a fedex ground driver and this is the BC, the owner also knows about it as he told me the same, just not in writing.
Coercing an employee to violate DOT regulations is against the law. They may be fined up to $16,000 and lose their authorization to operate.

You will find information about it, including a whistleblower link, on this page:

It will be fine

Advocate for himself? The kid doesn't have to advocate for anything because he's doing nothing wrong. He's just doing what he's told.. Cheat on his hours so that he can be sent right back out there again.

Once question stands out above everything else you might throw out there... What circumstances existed that would compel that BC and CSP to willfully order the kid to cheat on his hours?

Once again in all likelihood what we have here is a contractor unable to find somebody willing to go out there and kill himself for half the wages and zero benefits., And who's fault is that? Is it this individuals fault that somebody wrongly believed that all he had to do was to buy up a bunch of routes, probably overpaid for them then just sit back and count up the cash?

For years this corrupt business model has been patched and welded together with addendums bolted onto other addendums .

It's only a matter of time until those patches will no longer hold everything together. And it's amazing that it has managed to get along for as long as it has.

I wonder how much scrap steel Fat Freddy has left in his shed that he can use to fabricate another addendum.
What are you blabbing about? The OP just has to respond, “No, I won’t falsify my DOT hours.” That’s it. There is no issue if he takes personal responsibility. Instead he’s here crying wanting to report it to someone else so they can fight for him. It’s weak, childish behavior. He needs to grow a pair and stop acting like a victim.

Coercing an employee to violate DOT regulations is against the law. They may be fined up to $16,000 and lose their authorization to operate.

You will find information about it, including a whistleblower link, on this page:
And heaven forbid if you get into an accident

bacha29

What are you blabbing about? The OP just has to respond, “No, I won’t falsify my DOT hours.” That’s it. There is no issue if he takes personal responsibility. Instead he’s here crying wanting to report it to someone else so they can fight for him. It’s weak, childish behavior. He needs to grow a pair and stop acting like a victim.
What the individual in this matter did or did not do is irrelevant. What matters is that he received a direct order to violate his HOS from his supervising manager.
Defending the actions of this BC and his contractor employer is a clear example of the type of unscrupulous and unprincipled conduct FXG contractors finding themselves having to stoop to in order to continue to survive within a failing business model.

It will be fine

What the individual in this matter did or did not do is irrelevant. What matters is that he received a direct order to violate his HOS from his supervising manager.
Defending the actions of this BC and his contractor employer is a clear example of the type of unscrupulous and unprincipled conduct FXG contractors finding themselves having to stoop to in order to continue to survive within a failing business model.
Who do you think is defending the BC? Saying the OP should stop acting like a victim is not defending the employer. The OP has agency. There is no threat even implied for not following the direction. The OP doesn’t even respond to the text. If he had even the slightest backbone and just did his job properly I can almost guarantee nothing would come from it. He’d show up the next day and work like normal.

bacha29

Who do you think is defending the BC? Saying the OP should stop acting like a victim is not defending the employer. The OP has agency. There is no threat even implied for not following the direction. The OP doesn’t even respond to the text. If he had even the slightest backbone and just did his job properly I can almost guarantee nothing would come from it. He’d show up the next day and work like normal.
Try as you might to defend the BC and contractor by pointing blame at the Ironbub there is simply no whitewashing or downplaying the fact that he was issued a direct order to willfully violate his HOS hours and to coverup for it by posting false information. All designed to protect the BC and the contractor and to compensate for the failure of the BC and contractor to provide sufficient vehicles and manpower to meet that day's volume needs.

It will be fine

Try as you might to defend the BC and contractor by pointing blame at the Ironbub there is simply no whitewashing or downplaying the fact that he was issued a direct order to willfully violate his HOS hours and to coverup for it by posting false information. All designed to protect the BC and the contractor and to compensate for the failure of the BC and contractor to provide sufficient vehicles and manpower to meet that day's volume needs.
Did you hit your head?

!Retired!

He can do both. Respond as you said and report them.

ironbub

:censored2: you dude.

It will be fine

He can do both. Respond as you said and report them.
They could. I don’t see it being worth anyone’s time to investigate though. I don’t think the DOT would be shocked to find FedEx drivers cheating on hours a week before Christmas. It’s the type of thing they could investigate every year if they wanted to.

bacha29

Did you hit your head?
Still not answering the most important question. Why did the BC/contractor fail to deploy enough resources to get the job done that day without leaning on some kid who had no control regarding the matter?

Reserve assets to create redundancy costs money and don't make money until they are deployed. With rates continuing to be cut and more and more P&D trucks being posted for sale on the used truck boards and people getting laid off or their hours cut I'm inclined to believe that this was another case of excessive economization starting right from the top and passed right on down to this kid out there try to do his best.

It will be fine

Still not answering the most important question. Why did the BC/contractor fail to deploy enough resources to get the job done that day without leaning on some kid who had no control regarding the matter?

Reserve assets to create redundancy costs money and don't make money until they are deployed. With rates continuing to be cut and more and more P&D trucks being posted for sale on the used truck boards and people getting laid off or their hours cut I'm inclined to believe that this was another case of excessive economization starting right from the top and passed right on down to this kid out there try to do his best.
My guess is the kid sucks at his job. He worked over 12 hours and still had DNAs. He probably followed GPS blindly and drove in circles all day, didn’t organize his truck and then cried about his mean boss expecting him to finish his job.

bacha29

My guess is the kid sucks at his job. He worked over 12 hours and still had DNAs. He probably followed GPS blindly and drove in circles all day, didn’t organize his truck and then cried about his mean boss expecting him to finish his job.
Typical contractor. Never the lack of training, support, route acclimation proper workload or pay. It's always the kid you drag in off the street and throw him to the wolves . Under trained. under equipped over worked and badly underpaid. But it's still his fault nevertheless. And contractors wonder why they can't get anybody to stay on the job or willing to take the job to begin with.

Still comes back to the same old story.....You get what you pay for.