FedEx Ground

bacha29

Mr. Simon: IWBF is right. First see what the contractor is offering.Remember Federal Express (Fedex) is not a federally commission operation. Just another Fortune 500 company that has an operating authority granted to it by the U.S. Department of Transporation and the Interstate Commerce Commission.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
Is FedEx Ground really that bad?!? & How much do you get paid?
Some people get paid hourly, some get paid a percentage that the contractor makes per stop and package, some get a salary (me). It's all over the place as far as what you can get paid. Same thing with benefits. I get them but some don't. The job itself isn't bad but it varies from contractor to contractor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is FedEx Ground really that bad?!? & How much do you get paid?

Where I am, most Ground drivers are on salary, which tends to be $600 per week for a walk-in, and $700-$750 for straight trucks. However, most of these people are working 55-60 hours per week, with zero benefits and no overtime. You do the math.

There are exceptions, and some contractors pay more or offer incentives. Jakeem, look at the responses you have received here, and pay attention to what we're saying. We are trying to tell you that Ground is nowhere. If you want a job with a future, look into UPS (if you like this business) or get some training in a trade that actually pays you decent money.

My plumber owns 3 houses here on the mainland, a vacation home in Alaska, and probably makes $200k a year. His main residence is worth about a million, and his boat is worth at least $150k. That's just an anecdotal example.

bacha29

Not in the eyes of X. They are tasked with providing cheap trucking and cheap labor. There a few exceptions here and there buts for the nost part that $600-$700 is by and large the nationwide average for contractor labor. Given the heavy downward pressure X is and will continue to place on settlement that figure will likely stay that way for a long ime to come. God luck trying to find somebody to take the deal in the future.

bbsam

Staff member
Not in the eyes of X. They are tasked with providing cheap trucking and cheap labor. There a few exceptions here and there buts for the nost part that $600-$700 is by and large the nationwide average for contractor labor. Given the heavy downward pressure X is and will continue to place on settlement that figure will likely stay that way for a long ime to come. God luck trying to find somebody to take the deal in the future.
You'd be surprised at how easy it is.

bacha29

It's not that way in every market. You are one of those guys who thinks the demography of your area is the same everywhere.

BigTex61

bbsm has a used car salesman way of presenting his points, hopefully he's truthful when he's trying to get someone to "take the deal "

bbsam

Staff member
bbsm has a used car salesman way of presenting his points, hopefully he's truthful when he's trying to get someone to "take the deal "

If I keep it for 30 years I won't be disappointed, Everything is always for sale. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.