Fedex.. In process of being hired.. Question?

Rain1dog

My background check came back and 5 years ago I took a plea for a felony. The hiring lady called me and said the felony showed up and I had to explain in detail while she took notes. She then said this will be forwarded to the legal dept, and within a day I'll hear back. It's been 3 days now, and I've heard nothing.

I'm 40 and never been in trouble in my life besides the time when I was 33 but the court legal stuff came to a head 5 years ago. In 3 months it will be taken off my record cause I've never in my life been in trouble. It's for a swing cour position with great pay... I really really want this job. I have held 2 jobs since the plea both manager jobs... Both times laid off.. I'm on unemploy now.

Anyone know a thing about Fedex hiring in regards to a felony from 5 years ago... And I'm 40 with not a single lick of trouble other than the situation from 8 years ago.

Any info be greatly appreciated.

vantexan

My background check came back and 5 years ago I took a plea for a felony. The hiring lady called me and said the felony showed up and I had to explain in detail while she took notes. She then said this will be forwarded to the legal dept, and within a day I'll hear back. It's been 3 days now, and I've heard nothing.

I'm 40 and never been in trouble in my life besides the time when I was 33 but the court legal stuff came to a head 5 years ago. In 3 months it will be taken off my record cause I've never in my life been in trouble. It's for a swing cour position with great pay... I really really want this job. I have held 2 jobs since the plea both manager jobs... Both times laid off.. I'm on unemploy now.

Anyone know a thing about Fedex hiring in regards to a felony from 5 years ago... And I'm 40 with not a single lick of trouble other than the situation from 8 years ago.

They do a 10 year background check so even if it came off your police record most likely it would have been discovered(FBI does check for us). Hopefully you'll get hired but they automatically terminate any employee who commits a felony so remains to be seen if they have lightened up since turnover is pretty high these days. Big issue is whether you disclosed the problem to begin with.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
:innocent:You've never been in any trouble in your whole life....well, except for that time in your life when ya committed a felony. :D

It's the quality of the crime - not the quantity, right? :biggrin:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They hired our District security guy even though he is a registered sex offender felon. It used to be that a felony was an automatic no hire. Times have changed. It's still possible they'll hire you.

Rain1dog

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I've gone to the pre-interview, then interview with hiring manager, then background check....

The lady on the phone asking for my version of what happened, seemed on my side in that at the end of our conversation... She's like I think your wrong about probation the gov can't have it both ways... I think your off probation so I'm going to put that... Your off probation...

But she's not the one to make the decision... She stated it was going to legal, guessing seeing if I can get bonded...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So what'd ya do
Rob a bank
Get caught with cocaine up your bung hole
Enquiring minds want to know

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They hired our District security guy even though he is a registered sex offender felon. It used to be that a felony was an automatic no hire. Times have changed. It's still possible they'll hire you.

I'm wondering if they've had to loosen it up because they have such huge turnover. As others have said, a felony used to be an instant disqualification.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm wondering if they've had to loosen it up because they have such huge turnover. As others have said, a felony used to be an instant disqualification.
Their reasoning was that he hadn't yet been convicted. A bunch of the female couriers said that if they see him following them on their routes, they'll call the police.

Rain1dog

i wasn't convicted... I took a plea because I've never been in trouble in my life and was scared into taking a plea by my public pretender.

Was told I live in a state of which there are 2 that don't follow common law, rather napol-anic law which states it's not just one of your peers who find you not guilty but rather we need at least 4-5 peers for you to be found not guilty.

If the judge feels you wasted her time and went to trial and lose she will send you straight to state prison for at least 3 years... Which scared the living hell out of me... Worst decision of my life.

Charge was criminal damage to property and theft. It's the first time I've ever believed... If your not guilty you have nothing to fear.... Bull:censored2:. Unless you have been thru the system, you have no idea how shady and unfair it can be to somebody with little money to defend themselves or the uneducated.

What's worse... Life becomes almost impossible... Can't find a place to live, hard to find work, can't get loans... If it wasn't for a fantastic support system around me.. Who knows...

I'm really really really praying this job goes thru... It's a life changing job.

BootsOnTarmac

If you don't get hired you will get a mailed letter letting you know. If not provided in your letter, details might be available to you if you inquire in writing.

Rain1dog

I was told on Friday by HR that I would hear back on Monday latest Tuesday of this week....

I haven't heard anything, yet.... Might call in a few.

fedex_rtd

You can always call back and ask for an update in your situation, but normally if you don't hear back from a company, it means that they have decided not to hire you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can always call back and ask for an update in your situation, but normally if you don't hear back from a company, it means that they have decided not to hire you.

This is an issue that I have with HR----they should let the applicant know one way or the other rather than leaving them there hanging.