FedEx Life Insurance

Serf

As I understand it, every employee has a free & standard life insurance policy of $25,000 provided by the company. As well as a mandatory (state to state) accidental death and dismemberment clause for additional $5,000.
Also available, an option on the benefits website to take out for .54 cents a week I believe, the $50,000 option. Via prudential, for FedEx. Does anyone here use this?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As I understand it, every employee has a free & standard life insurance policy of $25,000 provided by the company. As well as a mandatory (state to state) accidental death and dismemberment clause for additional $5,000.
Also available, an option on the benefits website to take out for .54 cents a week I believe, the $50,000 option. Via prudential, for FedEx. Does anyone here use this?
Lol. Hopefully, no one here has USED this but has it. I had it for years until this past year, they now require an approval. I was denied because they didn’t like something in my medical record. I was told I could appeal, but screw it...my kids are 18 and over.

Last edited:

bluntforce

I signed up for the first time this year. It was easier than I thought it was gonna be, answered a few questions online and got approved for it

Serf

I signed up for the first time this year. It was easier than I thought it was gonna be, answered a few questions online and got approved for it
That's what I just did as well. My wife and I have a friend who lost her husband abruptly and its reeking financial havoc on the widow. I shopped policies and I'm not ready to shell out 75-100$ a month for 250$k +. Figure the additional 50k +25 and 5 offered by express is 80k. For cheap. God forbid I go too soon. Make sure I have bagpipes and no wake.

Oldfart

I don't recall answering questions about myself but I do recall answering questions about my wife. Life insurance is crucial to making sure you leave your family in a good way should something bad happen. Buying it on the open market is usually much more expensive. I have always bought the extra life ins., the Accidental Death and have been buying the Long Term Care insurance since it was first offered.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Bagpipes! I believe those were originally designed to be used as an instrument of (extreme) torture. :ohmy:

Whats in the Box

The life insurance thru Prudential is very strict. They sent me a nurse to my house to collect blood. 2 weeks later they denied me because of having high cholesterol even though I am already taking statins. I got p1ssed off at them and told them to go pound sand! Lol!

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The life insurance thru Prudential is very strict. They sent me a nurse to my house to collect blood. 2 weeks later they denied me because of having high cholesterol even though I am already taking statins. I got p1ssed off at them and told them to go pound sand! Lol!
Probably another way for FedEx to look like they’re providing something when really they aren’t. Wouldn’t surprise me if Prudential was told to deny anyone with an issue.

Oldfart

You showed them. Oh wait, you didn't get the insurance.

Serf

Probably another way for FedEx to look like they’re providing something when really they aren’t. Wouldn’t surprise me if Prudential was told to deny anyone with an issue.
For how it looks on paper, seems like an extra average cushion. No more, no less. 50k coverage option. .54 cents a week 28$ a year. Times thousands of employees. Really substantial policies for 250-500k are much more money, term limits, red tape to jump thru.

Oldfart

Good luck on beating a group plan with most individual plans as far as price. The plan I have away from work is much more expensive than mine at work and it too required a blood draw. Most companies are not gonna write a 100k or so policy and not want to draw blood.