FedEx loses lawsuit

bbsam

Staff member
That was ground. Don't think it won't come out your wallet as well bro.;)
Oh, but all I ever hear is that the company just takes everything from Express to prop up Ground. It's total BS of course, but that's just one more reason to mock Express.

MAKAVELI

Oh, but all I ever hear is that the company just takes everything from Express to prop up Ground. It's total BS of course, but that's just one more reason to mock Express.
I don't think Fred cares who he takes from, as long as he doesn't have to pay for it.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
What a terrible accident, what a typical fedex reaction, the blame game..... FedEx ground and whatever sub contractor loophole fedex uses to not pay ground drivers benefits and makes it difficult for them to unioniZe is ubsurd, I see a lot of ground drivers, mostly all look freshly paroled

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
While Ground may be Fred's Golden Goose, it appears that Ground's horrible safety record might take a big bite out of his cash. Too bad the award wasn't doubled.

At the end of the vid. the news lady says if X appeals the finding, they are only post-poning the inevitable. Let's hope X appeals and they double the award amount.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At the end of the vid. the news lady says if X appeals the finding, they are only post-poning the inevitable. Let's hope X appeals and they double the award amount.

I just watched the news video, and took great interest in the jury comment that "FedEx needed to improve driver training". I would be willing to bet that the Ground driver had little experience and the bare minimum of training required to get a CDL. And if you consider the Ground business model as a whole, who drives for Ground? Low experience non-professionals willing to work for the low pay and zero benefits offered by Ground contractors. In addition, who contracts with FedEx? In general, it's the low-ball operator who cuts corners on safety because that's how they do it back in Backwardistan where they came from. Poor maintenance and lousy training? Who cares? As long as Boris and Fred make money, it's all good. And when one of Boris' quality drivers does something like this, FedEx immediately throws everyone under the bus so they don't have to pay.

Does FedEx know that Ground is an unsafe operation? You bet they do, but nobody cares because it's all about the money.

Sickening.

TUT

I was thinking the 165 million awarded was going to be for that wreck in NorCal with the kids visiting college, this is for two deaths and a survivor, that is quite stiff even for gross negligence.

MAKAVELI

I was thinking the 165 million awarded was going to be for that wreck in NorCal with the kids visiting college, this is for two deaths and a survivor, that is quite stiff even for gross negligence.
Which is exactly what a company as arrogant as FedEx needs.