FedEx Multiweight

My sister was looking for the cheapest way to ship to Hawaii and found FedEx multiweight. She called FedEx and they told her a business account is required to use multiweight. I can't find anything on the website that mentions that as a requirement, only that individual contracts are required. Is a business account required, or do they not know what they're talking about?
Thanks.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've never heard of "multiweight" but, I highly doubt this will be avail. to your sister as a private, one time use customer to ship something. The reasons I believe this is:
1 They told her a business account is required to use multiweight.
2 individual contracts are required.
3 a business account required

Sounds like something only a bus. with a FDX account and that has this special "multiweight" option are able to use it.

STFXG

Multiweight is an option for large shipments. And it's a ground service if I remember right. Might be freight. Hawaii wouldn't even be an option.

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Should've just google it at first.

FedEx Ground Multiweight® is ideal for multiple-package shipments weighing 200 lbs. or more moving as one unit to the same destination on the same day. This pricing option allows you to combine packages for a multiweight rate. Pricing is based on the combined weight of your packages.
FedEx Ground Multiweight rating applies to shipments weighing 200 lbs. or more (150 lbs. or more to Canada). No special handling is required, and you get the same delivery commitments that apply for regular FedEx Ground® packages. FedEx Ground Multiweight service is provided on a contract-only basis; ask your FedEx account executive if you qualify.
Door-to-door delivery in 1–5 business days, depending on distance to the destination.
Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii in 3–7 business days.
Service Days: Monday–Friday.
Delivery available throughout all 50 states.
Multiple-piece shipments with a total weight of 200 lbs. or more can qualify. Average package weight should be 15–25 lbs. Up to 150 lbs. per package, 108" in length, 165" in length plus girth (L+2W+2H).

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

I didn't know if freight or multiweight did. Does freight? And does it go plane or boat?

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Maybe you should call fedex. Try asking another person rather than an Internet forum.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TUT

UPS and Fedex across all services have bulk weight breaks. And most companies it will be less than 200 lbs. Fedex Ground use to have an advantage where anything in the zip-code counted together, while the rest of the industry was based on single location. Now they all are the same, the weight limits, discounts and avg piece weights are all negotiable. Just assume any business has a Hundred Weight break.