FedEx not going to buy planes

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I think this "sound business strategy" will bite him in the arse

Seriously, it may, but the politicians are very, very, very protective of Boeing. Boeing is union. You can bet they are all over their representatives regarding this.

It's interesting. Distasteful, maybe, but a strategy nonetheless

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you ever ran a business, you would know it would be called "sound business strategic planning". You use the tools available, and play the cards you are dealt.

I respectfully disagree. Smith is hoping to use the power of the Boeing lobby and also tap into the "build and buy American" sentiment out there right now. He has had the whole deck to himself for 35 years and he cannot stand the idea of us going union, despite his public claims that "FedEx is not anti-union". Yeah, sure...You should have heard the comments today about how Smith is throwing us under the bus again. His last shred of credibility with employees disappeared after this latest scheme came out in the media.

"Sound business strategic planning" means throwing around your political clout and calling-in all of your markers (politicians in this case) when it comes to Fred S.

You can call him a good businessman. I call him a scoundrel.

wannabeups

I think it is a bullsh-t threat. If it were cheaper to buy the french planes , they would have ordered them in the first place. If the bill passes and they follow through and cancel the boeing order, the publicity would not be positive for them.

right you are

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I respectfully disagree. Smith is hoping to use the power of the Boeing lobby and also tap into the "build and buy American" sentiment out there right now. He has had the whole deck to himself for 35 years and he cannot stand the idea of us going union, despite his public claims that "FedEx is not anti-union". Yeah, sure...You should have heard the comments today about how Smith is throwing us under the bus again. His last shred of credibility with employees disappeared after this latest scheme came out in the media.

"Sound business strategic planning" means throwing around your political clout and calling-in all of your markers (politicians in this case) when it comes to Fred S.

You can call him a good businessman. I call him a scoundrel.

You and I don't disagree at all! We just call it something different.

myback

i've talked to a few drivers and they said they like being non-union and want to stay that way. are there any perks?