FedEx Ops Positions

FdxOpsMgr

To make this question a lot easier...I’m asking which supervisor related positions are easiest at FedEx? I did AIM for Express and it seemed like hell on Earth. Freight appears more laid back so I’m considering checking them out. Anyone have insight on Freight management positions? I’m going to assume Ground is the same if not worse than Express work life balance wise. If these statements aren’t true please fill me in! Looking for an entry level gig that can beef up my resume. (college degree isn’t offering much and being a courier is laughable experience)

Side note: I’m open to other career suggestions within FedEx just trying to make use of my logistics related degree

Schweddy

Balls
If you have to ask then management must not be aware of you. Better start kissing some major azs and get rid of the idea of work life balance at Fedex.

Couriers can become managers... and if you stick it out a few years as a manager then you can become a topped out courier.

Last edited:

bacha29

To make this question a lot easier...I’m asking which supervisor related positions are easiest at FedEx? I did AIM for Express and it seemed like hell on Earth. Freight appears more laid back so I’m considering checking them out. Anyone have insight on Freight management positions? I’m going to assume Ground is the same if not worse than Express work life balance wise. If these statements aren’t true please fill me in! Looking for an entry level gig that can beef up my resume. (college degree isn’t offering much and being a courier is laughable experience)

Side note: I’m open to other career suggestions within FedEx just trying to make use of my logistics related degree
When our senior terminal manager was named Fourth Assistant Vice President for Nonessential Operations his day got a lot shorter.Seriously no matter which OPCO your talking about every management position is currently occupied by the three people. One coming, one working and one leaving. Get out of transportation altogether if you want a big salary zero work daily experience. If you want to be on the top pushing down you first have to be on the bottom pushing up

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Ground management positions, for the most part from the Ground managers I know, deal with AM and PM sorts. Nowhere near the responsibility for onroad issues that Express has. I'm sure there are other responsibilities and probably other areas of focus, but it's nothing like Express as far as onroad responsibilities.

Oh yeah, the worst dregs of humanity can become handlers at Ground and many of them have done so.

Serf

Always was told SR / Ramp Agent jobs were the best of both worlds. Mid level authority/responsibility. Good hourly rate. Unlike management, you don't take the job home with you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Always was told SR / Ramp Agent jobs were the best of both worlds. Mid level authority/responsibility. Good hourly rate. Unlike management, you don't take the job home with you.
Except during peak, when unlimited hours are available, and expected. Ramp agents at our facility were sleeping in the parking lot instead of going home during peak. Some were logging in excess of 100 hours a week.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Except during peak, when unlimited hours are available, and expected. Ramp agents at our facility were sleeping in the parking lot instead of going home during peak. Some were logging in excess of 100 hours a week.
Wow. That doesn’t even seem like something that should be allowed to happen considering the level of responsibility they have. An exhausted ramp agent entering the wrong numbers causing a plane to crash.....

BootsOnTarmac

With the current W/B system it is extremely unlikely that a Ramp Agent will cause a plane to crash. Unless they falsify weights and positions to the extreme, unlikely and ridiculous. There are many checks and balances in the W/B system to prevent an aircraft from flying out of W/B.
Show me any ramp agent during peak, working flights up to and beyond 100 hours, I call BS on this one.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
With the current W/B system it is extremely unlikely that a Ramp Agent will cause a plane to crash. Unless they falsify weights and positions to the extreme, unlikely and ridiculous. There are many checks and balances in the W/B system to prevent an aircraft from flying out of W/B.
Well, that’s nice to know.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Show me any ramp agent during peak, working flights up to and beyond 100 hours, I call BS on this one.
I know of 2 RA making 6 figures. Sorry to burst your bubble.

vantexan

Don't know about ramp agents but a station I was at in Texas was down to one ops mgr and he worked 100+ hrs during Peak. Slept in his office.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

the one you do the least in