Fedex paying 500 a day to run unserviced routes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There has been quite a number of people at the station I was at who tried to do the job as a contractor but collided with the same factors. Too many miles, too few stops, poor road quality that took a heavy toll on vehicles , the lack of a qualified drug free labor pool to draw from. By staying strictly single route and refusing to take additional routes despite the fact that they were offered to us completely free of charge I and the other 2 Day1's soldiered on for 23 years until we had the opportunity to sell to starry eyed aspiring ISP's who learned the hard way why we wouldn't bite on the so called "opportunity".

I don't think I'd stay with a job for 23 years if it was that bad.

bacha29

I don't think I'd stay with a job for 23 years if it was that bad.
We were all approaching retirement age, kept a low profile watched as others tried and failed at multi route operations and when the time came to convert to ISP those who wanted to remain were not retirement age in debt and had few other options but buy routes and go ISP . And today in the short time since the conversion about half have either sold or defaulted and those who remain continue to struggle with the same challenges facing contractors in a depressed rural area that is losing youth, population, incomes, and clean drug tests.

bacha29

Good Lord, you've driven that many people away? :)
Just another one of your incredibly ignorant comments but for the record I give you a couple of examples. The homes beside mine are both vacant and for sale. The one was the home of a elderly couple who passed away recently. The other belonged to a professional couple an engineer and a physician's assistant who left for better opportunities. They can't move them despite the fact the price is heavily discounted and they're located in one of the best neighborhoods in town . Why? First you have to have people still living here.

XEQaF

Hmmm

Maybe. I once thought about conquering the world of transport. Now? Nah. I go in , hang out for a couple hours, go home, pick up the kids...

I don’t know. Seems a decent life while making six figures. I’ve had worse.
I'm not against that either. You've made it work for you and I commend that. Putting food on the table for your family is respectable. Each person has their own experiences some good some bad. Saying "he sucked at it" probably not a good observation though that's all

XEQaF

We were all approaching retirement age, kept a low profile watched as others tried and failed at multi route operations and when the time came to convert to ISP those who wanted to remain were not retirement age in debt and had few other options but buy routes and go ISP . And today in the short time since the conversion about half have either sold or defaulted and those who remain continue to struggle with the same challenges facing contractors in a depressed rural area that is losing youth, population, incomes, and clean drug tests.
I'd say 23 years is a fantastic run. Funny how Dano will trash you for enduring that long because you were invested in it, then turns around and trashes you for leaving?? Undecided criticism here?

Mutineer

if it's acceptable for FXG management put in a leadership role maintaining their integrity to have someone of questionable character to be in an authoritative position?

Exactly. I've little doubt there are a few of XG's own employees with dubious backgrounds.

But XG won't hesitate to immediately DQ a superbly reliable, competent driver over a ten yo, unpaid seat belt ticket from another state.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'd say 23 years is a fantastic run. Funny how Dano will trash you for enduring that long because you were invested in it, then turns around and trashes you for leaving?? Undecided criticism here?

I didn't trash him for anything. Said I wouldn't stay that long at a job that was that bad unless it as a) not really that bad or b) I wasn't qualified to do anything else.