Fedex paying 500 a day to run unserviced routes

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If that investor class group put up drivers from other parts of the country in hotels and were making 3 times (or more )their salary rate over the summer, they'll do the same thing now if it's part of their network.

I wouldn't mind the change of scenery for the next 2 weeks...

They finally got my area balanced this week. On road at 1300 & Done by 1930 on Saturday, & waited 30 minutes for other drivers to reply to my CPc texts...

STFXG

They are jumping all over it. In most cases they have no choice, because they know what X can do to them to make things real difficult if they dont help. Practically every contractor on this forum is a coward. Most will deny it, many will claim they run their own business. I know this because X only wants cowards, it fits their business model.
Yawn

bacha29

Wow, I would make bank if my subcontractor allows me to go up there for the rest of peak... is your company part of the investor class group???

(Pm sent)
Orion you keep holding out hope that your daily work experience is going to get better......Well, it's not and given how long you've been at this isn't about time that you accept that reality and move on?
Yes, I know that you've got rental properties but they're only as good as the demand in the area in which they are located and that requires plenty of young individuals with quality employment willing to pay good money . If not then all you've got is a bunch of Section 8 headaches. Furthermore, you have to hire people to do the maintenance on them because that job busted you up so badly that you can hardly get around anymore ...what have you gained?

CJinx

They are jumping all over it. In most cases they have no choice, because they know what X can do to them to make things real difficult if they dont help.
:laughing:
I'm sure the gobs of money thrown at any contractor willing to spare a body and a truck to help clean up has nothing to do with it. "they have no choice"; damn, dude. If the company could make someone go cover an abandoned route, it wouldn't be paying them more in a day then you make in a week to do it.

bacha29

They are jumping all over it. In most cases they have no choice, because they know what X can do to them to make things real difficult if they dont help. Practically every contractor on this forum is a coward. Most will deny it, many will claim they run their own business. I know this because X only wants cowards, it fits their business model.
That's true. If you have assets in reserve that are not being committed to the fight they see those assets as unused capacity and if you refuse to deploy them where and when they want them then you're branded "not a team player" and they'll be looking for a way to get rid of you. Never mind the fact that the coverage gap can more often or not be attributed to their excessive economization .

Exec32

:laughing:
I'm sure the gobs of money thrown at any contractor willing to spare a body and a truck to help clean up has nothing to do with it. "they have no choice"; damn, dude. If the company could make someone go cover an abandoned route, it wouldn't be paying them more in a day then you make in a week to do it.
If X compensated a contractor fairly to begin with, this problem would not exist.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If X compensated a contractor fairly to begin with, this problem would not exist.

The more and more I read of your posts, the more I realize that the problem isn't that Ground's compensation is lacking. There are too many people who make a nice living despite not being compensated "fairly." Hard to blame Ground for the fact that boys ventured into an enterprise best suited for men.

Exec32

Please send me a pic of the X cheerleading uniform your wearing..
You are the shining example of ignorance. How many contractors did you stab in the back.

bacha29

Please send me a pic of the X cheerleading uniform your wearing..
You are the shining example of ignorance. How many contractors did you stab in the back.
Dano doesn't understand the law of the jungle environment that exists at Ground. It is in the truest sense every man for himself. X has contractors chasing a pot of gold that doesn't exist at the end of a rainbow that doesn't exist. And now that heavily leveraged contractors are staring down the gun barrel of a recession and a shrinking supply of cheap and gullible labor the treachery and deception that has long existed among them will surely be heightened

59 Dano

Dano doesn't understand the law of the jungle environment that exists at Ground. It is in the truest sense every man for himself. X has contractors chasing a pot of gold that doesn't exist at the end of a rainbow that doesn't exist. And now that heavily leveraged contractors are staring down the gun barrel of a recession and a shrinking supply of cheap and gullible labor the treachery and deception that has long existed among them will surely be heightened

IOW, Ground is just like everywhere else.

Exec32

Ground is just like everywhere else? X is perfect for you, for you have no idea what is like anywhere else.

Dano, you are an X troll, I know it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Go ahead and name them ... starting with @bbsam!

Exec32

Yup, people usually just up and start a company for "kicks". Who cares about making money, I do this for fun!
What you fail to realize is that someone can run more than one business at a time, however since you are on this forum you probably dont understand that. Ground is not a business, and yes I got a kick out of toying with the X boys and slimy contractors. The best part was showing my employees how corrupt the whole thing was.
Get this, I terminated X on my terms, walk out with my trucks, most contractors here are over leveraged and up to their a@# in debt. Are you one?

59 Dano

What you fail to realize is that someone can run more than one business at a time

Someone can. I ain't you.

however since you are on this forum you probably dont understand that. Ground is not a business, and yes I got a kick out of toying with the X boys and slimy contractors. The best part was showing my employees how corrupt the whole thing was.

This is MFE level nonsense.