FedEx Pilots - Covid19

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I see the pilots get paid extra for those willing to fly to China. That ought to make all the Kool-Aid drinkers feel warm and fuzzy.

AB831

Yep. The UNION pilots get hazard pay. Everyone else gets NOTHING. Par for Fred's course.
why do people defend this man as if he were some kind of deity when I've seen nothing but shady, gray area at best business dealings from him? Granted, I've only been here four years, but was he some kind of benevolent saint prior to my unemployment?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've seen nothing but shady, gray area at best business dealings from him

But you're happy to do his bidding for him, no?

Granted, I've only been here four years, but was he some kind of benevolent saint prior to my unemployment?

He's the same guy. People with entitlement mentalities think he's supposed to kiss their rear ends.

AB831

Happy enough. Couldn't find a more honest employer in the last four years?
I make enough money to pay my way through school and put some in the bank as well. I don’t like the job at all but it’s practical for me for the next 18-24 months. Just gotta suck it up in the meantime, ya know?

59 Dano

I make enough money to pay my way through school and put some in the bank as well. I don’t like the job at all but it’s practical for me for the next 18-24 months. Just gotta suck it up in the meantime, ya know?

As long as you're willing to kiss the pinky ring.

TTLS1

on the pilot forums, they are reporting being tested as soon as they land in china, one pilot had his passport or something revoked for refusing to submit to their test. me personally theres no way id fly in there, and run the risk of testing positive and being quarantined in their prisons, er I mean hospitals. I don't fly but if I were a pilot I wouldn't take that risk .

bacha29

OMG! Just think of all the trips you're going to be making to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. You seem to be a good guy but it's sad to think about what will be left of you after a few trips there. If you have to go try to avoid the 2 worst classes......Strategic Misrepresentation.....(lying) and Seminal Fluid Waterboarding.......you don't want to know.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
on the pilot forums, they are reporting being tested as soon as they land in china, one pilot had his passport or something revoked for refusing to submit to their test. me personally theres no way id fly in there, and run the risk of testing positive and being quarantined in their prisons, er I mean hospitals. I don't fly but if I were a pilot I wouldn't take that risk .

The passport incident was a while back, when Hong Kong was having protests. The Chinese had accused FedEx of shipping supplies that aided the demonstrators. All trumped-up incident.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
why do people defend this man as if he were some kind of deity when I've seen nothing but shady, gray area at best business dealings from him? Granted, I've only been here four years, but was he some kind of benevolent saint prior to my unemployment?

Way back when, Fred was revered, but this was when it was still Federal Express and a good place to work. Over the years, it's probably gotten to the point where Fred wouldn't venture out to a station without a security detail.

They still like to deify him, and there are always those will worship at the Altar of Purple.

It will be fine

Way back when, Fred was revered, but this was when it was still Federal Express and a good place to work. Over the years, it's probably gotten to the point where Fred wouldn't venture out to a station without a security detail.

They still like to deify him, and there are always those will worship at the Altar of Purple.
My favorite example of this was right after the 08 crash. They cut all manager’s pay by 5%. There was a manager at my terminal that said he was so thankful we had a CEO willing to make those tough decisions. I couldn’t believe it.

59 Dano

My favorite example of this was right after the 08 crash. They cut all manager’s pay by 5%. There was a manager at my terminal that said he was so thankful we had a CEO willing to make those tough decisions. I couldn’t believe it.

Can't speak for the Ground side, but the Express side came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to layoffs. They opted instead for cutting manager pay by 5%, suspending the 401k match, and other cuts. Whether it was a good idea depended on where you were in all of that.

If you're someone who may have been laid off, it's great. If not, then you're giving up pay/benefits that will come back slowly, if at all. I'm of the belief that it's better to lay off a small number of people and have them ticked off at you because you laid them off than to keep everyone and have everyone ticked off at you because you cut their compensation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He's the same guy. People with entitlement mentalities think he's supposed to kiss their rear ends.
Fred's the king of entitlement. Has been all his life. You use the word entitlement pretty freely towards a lot of people who made the company successful (not just Fred alone) and are just asking for a fair shake instead of constant takeaways.

Last edited: