FedEx Politics - Just Shy of Fantastic

SuperHandler

FedEx is all politics. Watching your back and covering your ass 24/7. Comments on this? Feel free my fellow Couriers. Another day in paradise.

Nolimitz

The only feed back at my station is neg. Never a thanks.
Oh I forgot we had luke warm sodas and melting ice cream sammies the other day after another 100` + day. We have a wonderful freezer in the brk rm.

CJinx

Office politics are in every workplace out there. I like my job, I just don't necessarily like all my co-workers. Too many people willing to sacrifice their co-workers to get ahead or curry favor with the higher ups. "Oh! So-and-so didn't cross the t; better go tell the boss,".

MassWineGuy

Agreed, its going to be everywhere. Only thing you can do is ID those types early on and CYA

That makes very good sense. I just got hired for a permanent part-time position on a 3 pm to 8 pm shift. I'm in it for some extra income, not to retire from there. I'vr got to say that the whole feel of the station and attitude of managers I interviewed with were light years more positive and welcoming than anything I experienced at UPS.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

That makes very good sense. I just got hired for a permanent part-time position on a 3 pm to 8 pm shift. I'm in it for some extra income, not to retire from there. I'vr got to say that the whole feel of the station and attitude of managers I interviewed with were light years more positive and welcoming than anything I experienced at UPS.
Tread lightly. This just may be for show to get you in the door. I've found after all these not to be too trusting of anyone at fedex.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh yeah.

Give those managers a month after you've started and their true colors will surface like you won't believe.