Fedex poor service made the news...

NC man

Was an article in WSJ while back and our service level was in 70% area.our midday routes bring unattempted back every day. Have few people complain lately since WDL when I del next day

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
7D6C31A8-5FF9-424C-B9D2-A97CDDCFFE49.gif

bacha29

I saw on another forum that Fedex made the news in the Atlanta market. Looks like ground but the public doesn't know the difference, and Express is not much better.

Doesn't look too bad. Just remember the "Purple Promise"..... "We guarantee that there'll be identifiable remains in what's left of every box we deliver*. . . . * Conditional upon it actually arriving at the correct destination.

zeev

rFedEx has become known for lousy service and his will continue till they acknowledge how much manual labor costs. What is the proper rate 20 25 an hour, the proper rate is whatever it takes to be fully staffed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What is the proper rate 20 25 an hour, the proper rate is whatever it takes to be fully staffed.
If the proper rate is $25 an hour to sort packages, the REAL proper rate is however much it'll cost to automate a significant number of the jobs.

Working4the1%

If the proper rate is $25 an hour to sort packages, the REAL proper rate is however much it'll cost to automate a significant number of the jobs.
Like when we had 8 Mgr’s and now have 3. When the station had a Senior Mgr. Now senior covers 3 stations. See technology is working

Stat41

While we argue about pay, Fedex continues to fail its employees and customers by an abysmal implementation of a failed plan. Pay is just part of an issue that needs to be addressed in what I believe is a broken system. There are good, intelligent people out there who want to work. But many good, intelligent people do not want to enter into a chaotic and discouraging workplace like Fedex has become. They vote with their feet and search for employment elsewhere.

bacha29

Like when we had 8 Mgr’s and now have 3. When the station had a Senior Mgr. Now senior covers 3 stations. See technology is working
Yours is not an unusual case. FXG is siphoning off people from my little former terminal. All that's left management wise is a sort manager , a secretary and a evening sort boss. Everyone else has been sent off to either corporate or to a larger terminal. They've raided that little terminal for years dragging off manpower but it's now at the worst level ever despite the high vaccination rate and COVID restrictions having been lifted. And to think that they're still 4 months away from peak.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
While we argue about pay, Fedex continues to fail its employees and customers by an abysmal implementation of a failed plan. Pay is just part of an issue that needs to be addressed in what I believe is a broken system. There are good, intelligent people out there who want to work. But many good, intelligent people do not want to enter into a chaotic and discouraging workplace like Fedex has become. They vote with their feet and search for employment elsewhere.
The word has gotten out and remember, bad news travels fast. FedEx is in total shambles and upper management blames it on everything except themselves.

FdxVmx

I’ve been with FedEx in vehicle maintenance for 15 years. The first 10 were not perfect but pretty good. The work load and expectations have just become unattainable. I remember people asking how to get on here and it was not that easy or often that positions were open. Now there are plenty of openings and anyone can with a pulse and clean urine gets hired.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When someone tells me it's a broken system, I just laugh. Imperfect? Of course. Broken? LOL.