FedEx Shippers

Cementups

Box Monkey
I already just don't buy from places that ship through other resources other than UPS. The only thing I can't help is when I buy stuff on eBay. Alot of eBayers use USPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just ordered 3 little rubber O-rings to repair a leaky faucet.

Parts: $1.20
Shipping $7.98

Dang you guys must be making a killing nowdays:happy2:

skir

Los Angeles CA
Let's all boycott the gas companies while we are at it. Them damn OPEC countries don't ship it UPS either. :wink2:

Wal-mart is a minute from my house. I will shop their regardless. UNLESS they stop offering Quilted Northern toilet tissue, then I will join your crusade. ONLY then !! :wink2:

eehhhhh forget it....as long as they offer 2-ply, I'll be alright.. Good Luck
So don't cry when you lose your job because of low volume.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So don't cry when you lose your job because of low volume.

Trust me, I wont !! Where I buy toilet paper and such has no bearing on corporate sales. If we beat their price or offer something that Fed-Ex doesn't, then they will come back.

How 'bout this. Everyone go to Wal-mart and ask the manager for a sales lead. WHAT! That has to work right !!

WRONG

IT IS A CORPORATE ACCOUNT AND WILL ONLY BE WON BY OUR HIGHLY PAID CORPORATE SALES STAFF, NOT A DRIVER !!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
S-hustler

it doesn't help me or my union brothers have a job
So don't cry when you lose your job because of low volume

Let me be the one to correct your little mis-statement

First, it’s all about you and your union brothers. IT really is. During the last two contract negotiations, it was you and yours that got us to walk. Actually against what the majority of the union membership wanted. You and your brothers used the same tactics that Acorn is using to sway elections. But you used them to stack the deck for the upper teamster leaders to state that they had the backing of the union membership.

So because of the strike, and the games you and your brothers like to play, the customer (you remember them, they are the people that actually pay the company so you get a check every week) had to sign up with FEDEX just to keep their doors open. Who forced that? The teamsters, you and your "union brothers" forced our customers AWAY from UPS.

No longer do people feel safe just having UPS as their sole provider of shipping. Kinda like a wife whose hubby cheats. The trust is gone.

So they have the best of both worlds. UPS and an alternative. That way, if we want to go on strike, they still get service from the other carrier.

Then add the fact that in most cases, we are more expensive than other carriers, hardly ever pay off on claims (still waiting for the check on a damage from May 08 that they agreed to pay) and run roughshod over customer needs and requests.

But yet UPS maintains the “After all, We are UPS. They need us, we dont need them” attitude, which you seem bent on promoting.

So you see, as an ex UPSer, great volume is something we need. But when people like you lose sight of what is important, and focus on BS like this.......look for volume to even go lower.

As a UPS customer that also has other shipping options, using this type of tactic will cause the customer to really think hard about diverting 100% away from UPS. So that would mean those that currently ship about half of their product in by UPS will now divert the rest to the other carriers.

The age of tactics like yours are over. Better to learn how to provide a high enough level of service so the customer WANTS to send 100% of the volume to UPS.

d

S-hustler

Let me be the one to correct your little mis-statement

First, it’s all about you and your union brothers. IT really is. During the last two contract negotiations, it was you and yours that got us to walk. Actually against what the majority of the union membership wanted. You and your brothers used the same tactics that Acorn is using to sway elections. But you used them to stack the deck for the upper teamster leaders to state that they had the backing of the union membership.

So because of the strike, and the games you and your brothers like to play, the customer (you remember them, they are the people that actually pay the company so you get a check every week) had to sign up with FEDEX just to keep their doors open. Who forced that? The teamsters, you and your "union brothers" forced our customers AWAY from UPS.

No longer do people feel safe just having UPS as their sole provider of shipping. Kinda like a wife whose hubby cheats. The trust is gone.

So they have the best of both worlds. UPS and an alternative. That way, if we want to go on strike, they still get service from the other carrier.

Then add the fact that in most cases, we are more expensive than other carriers, hardly ever pay off on claims (still waiting for the check on a damage from May 08 that they agreed to pay) and run roughshod over customer needs and requests.

But yet UPS maintains the “After all, We are UPS. They need us, we dont need them” attitude, which you seem bent on promoting.

So you see, as an ex UPSer, great volume is something we need. But when people like you lose sight of what is important, and focus on BS like this.......look for volume to even go lower.

As a UPS customer that also has other shipping options, using this type of tactic will cause the customer to really think hard about diverting 100% away from UPS. So that would mean those that currently ship about half of their product in by UPS will now divert the rest to the other carriers.

The age of tactics like yours are over. Better to learn how to provide a high enough level of service so the customer WANTS to send 100% of the volume to UPS.

d

Very well said.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Im sure you do. And when you dont, you try to strong arm them?

Your method for growth is a disaster waiting for a place to happen. Lets piss off half of our customer base because they ship via other carriers as well as UPS. That ought to really improve volume.

Hate to tell you, but your brand of intimidation is pretty much gone.

And this site is open to all, not just those "union" bobbleheads you want to post here.

d

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Im sure you do. And when you dont, you try to strong arm them?

Your method for growth is a disaster waiting for a place to happen. Lets piss off half of our customer base because they ship via other carriers as well as UPS. That ought to really improve volume.

Hate to tell you, but your brand of intimidation is pretty much gone.

And this site is open to all, not just those "union" bobbleheads you want to post here.

d

I didnt realize that saying that I choose to support companies that support my paycheck is some form of intimidation. I choose not to shop at Wal Mart due to the fact that the one by my house is like walking into a third world country. As far as other companies that dont ship UPS well there are plenty(the vast majority of them) that do. So my shopping with them is not some form of protest, but actually a form of support for those you make my paycheck possible. So this thread should actually be one that we can list companies that ship through UPS so we can give them more business.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Danny is correct

The '97 strike DESTROYED any chance of UPS taking over the delivery chain. And for what? All those FULL TIME jobs created by the strike are fading into dust and we still havn't recovered the business we lost then.

I feel past practices as well have hurt our reputation. Boxes being crushed in conveyor belts. Lost packages. 9am - 5pm mystery delivery times for business. Customers not knowing who their regular driver is anymore. The union can't take all the blame for this. Corporate has done everything it can to squeeze profits out of operations. Service will never be held higher than profits again, though Atlanta still feels both can still be highly acheived at the same time. IT ISN'T

I can't even imagine what UPS would have looked like this year if DHL was still in the picture. :dissapointed:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Danny is correct

The '97 strike DESTROYED any chance of UPS taking over the delivery chain. And for what? All those FULL TIME jobs created by the strike are fading into dust and we still havn't recovered the business we lost then.

I feel past practices as well have hurt our reputation. Boxes being crushed in conveyor belts. Lost packages. 9am - 5pm mystery delivery times for business. Customers not knowing who their regular driver is anymore. The union can't take all the blame for this. Corporate has done everything it can to squeeze profits out of operations. Service will never be held higher than profits again, though Atlanta still feels both can still be highly acheived at the same time. IT ISN'T

I can't even imagine what UPS would have looked like this year if DHL was still in the picture. :dissapointed:

I agree with all those notes, but lets not lose track on the issue of supporting companies that do choose to ship via UPS. The irony was that just today I was explaining to someone the joke that was the 97 strike. Fast forward to today and guess what UPS had to bail out the central states pension to the tune of 5 billion dollars and take it over. 10000 new jobs aside, the strike was over pension control. Nothing more and nothing less.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I agree with all those notes, but lets not lose track on the issue of supporting companies that do choose to ship via UPS. The irony was that just today I was explaining to someone the joke that was the 97 strike. Fast forward to today and guess what UPS had to bail out the central states pension to the tune of 5 billion dollars and take it over. 10000 new jobs aside, the strike was over pension control. Nothing more and nothing less.

Agreed

Ironically as well, some people here feel supporting a UPS shipper is the same as boycotting a Fed-Ex shipper. Apples and oranges !

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Brown

There is a huge difference between supporting those that do, and boycotting those that dont.

One is a positive method of change, the other a negative.

Problem is, how do you boycott or support those that ship by more than UPS........

As for walmart, while they are the low price kings, where they have run off all other competition, they charge what they please. They are also very anti what they claimed to be while they were growing, which was in support of local businesses.

These days, If they did not get their daily infusion from China, they would have to close their doors. I suspect that walmart accounts for 30-40% of all of chinas imports to our country?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
10000 new jobs
That was one of the most over used BS lines in history. How can any company create that many new jobs, without the economy to support that growth. Oh yeah, we are going to make those full time, combining two part time into a full time. So when the smoke and mirrors quit, we are actually going to cut 10,000 part time jobs to create those full time 10,000. Never happened. And the Union knew it wouldnt in 97 when they "forced" the company to ink the deal.

Smoke and mirrors. And the company still got to take over the health and retirement plan for part anyway.

The 97 strike and all the additional burps along the way have only showcased just how unimportant the union has become. They are like {edited by moderator}, a whole lot of talk, but no substance. The only really lasting thing they produced is a customer base that will never trust UPS to be their only shipping company.

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That was one of the most over used BS lines in history. How can any company create that many new jobs, without the economy to support that growth. Oh yeah, we are going to make those full time, combining two part time into a full time. So when the smoke and mirrors quit, we are actually going to cut 10,000 part time jobs to create those full time 10,000. Never happened. And the Union knew it wouldnt in 97 when they "forced" the company to ink the deal.

Smoke and mirrors. And the company still got to take over the health and retirement plan for part anyway.

The 97 strike and all the additional burps along the way have only showcased just how unimportant the union has become. They are like {edited by moderator}, a whole lot of talk, but no substance. The only really lasting thing they produced is a customer base that will never trust UPS to be their only shipping company.

d

How unimportant is that union pension check you get every month?

Hawaii50

After drinking to much alcohol while watching GI JOE then reading mulitple posts on this fourm about FED-EX. I have come to this conclusion from my drunken state of mind.

From certain angles the tree is dying. Alliances are being made by the competition to weaken/destroy UPS. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Fred S and the Walton Family Alliance is slowing coming together. The "Smith/Walton ENTITY" has the potential to destroy our way of life as UPSers. The Smith/Walton Entity are getting their ground troops"suppliers" in place, and some of the ground troops"suppliers" are falling in line. Change shippers or risk losing our business arrangement? Walmart is so big and their market is so huge, no small/medium business owner/CEO in their right mind would risk losing the type of visbility Walmart offers for their products.

The only opening I see for UPS to gain huge marketshare on or ahead of FED-EX is "aircraft lift capabilty". FED-EX recently threaten to cancel their Boeing aircraft freighter order becuase the Union legislation. That means FED-EX lift capabilty will be capped for several years unitll they get more Freighters online. FED-EX has a numerical advantage when it comes to planes. However majority of the planes are small feeders. Fed-EX freighters feed there Major hubs. That hub process and sends out the feeder planes to smaller hubs for delivery by their trucks."SAME JOB DIFFERENT COLOR TRUCKS"

Sometimes I wonder? FED-EX claims the majority of their packages delivered by Air. Why would FED-EX need 30,000 medium duty trucks.
In 2003, FedEx bet on hybrids, predicting that hybrid vehicles had the potential to replace the company’s 30,000 medium-duty trucks over the next 10 years. http://www.environmentalleader.com/2008/10/02/fedex-hybrid-truck-plan-hits-speed-bump/. That fleet has expanded greatly since 2003.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
After drinking to much alcohol while watching GI JOE then reading mulitple posts on this fourm about FED-EX. I have come to this conclusion from my drunken state of mind.

From certain angles the tree is dying. Alliances are being made by the competition to weaken/destroy UPS. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Fred S and the Walton Family Alliance is slowing coming together. The "Smith/Walton ENTITY" has the potential to destroy our way of life as UPSers. The Smith/Walton Entity are getting their ground troops"suppliers" in place, and some of the ground troops"suppliers" are falling in line. Change shippers or risk losing our business arrangement? Walmart is so big and their market is so huge, no small/medium business owner/CEO in their right mind would risk losing the type of visbility Walmart offers for their products.

The only opening I see for UPS to gain huge marketshare on or ahead of FED-EX is "aircraft lift capabilty". FED-EX recently threaten to cancel their Boeing aircraft freighter order becuase the Union legislation. That means FED-EX lift capabilty will be capped for several years unitll they get more Freighters online. FED-EX has a numerical advantage when it comes to planes. However majority of the planes are small feeders. Fed-EX freighters feed there Major hubs. That hub process and sends out the feeder planes to smaller hubs for delivery by their trucks."SAME JOB DIFFERENT COLOR TRUCKS"

Sometimes I wonder? FED-EX claims the majority of their packages delivered by Air. Why would FED-EX need 30,000 medium duty trucks.
In 2003, FedEx bet on hybrids, predicting that hybrid vehicles had the potential to replace the company’s 30,000 medium-duty trucks over the next 10 years. http://www.environmentalleader.com/2008/10/02/fedex-hybrid-truck-plan-hits-speed-bump/. That fleet has expanded greatly since 2003.

Doesn't sound like a post from somebody in a drunken state of mind. You're on a roll, down another 40 ouncer and tell us more about how the Smith/Walton alliance plan to drive volume away from UPS (or is it the Teamsters?).

As far as FDX flying freighters into their hub in Memphis and re-distribute via feeder aircraft. Isn't that what we do also at SDF? Unless you have a market that supports having a freighter fly directly into your city this just seems logical.

The 30,000 medium duty trucks, you must be talking about FDX Express, just like any company with large fleets, sooner or later you need to replace your aging, less-eco friendly trucks. In this tough economy, FDX and UPS will be looking to upgrade and replace their existing inventory and not add to.