FedEx Soothes Tribal Spirits

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For their latest PR stunt, FedEx Express has repatriated the bones of some ancient tribal members back to New Mexico. Did they decorate the aircraft and CTV this time with any special decals? How do they even think this crap up? If they really cared, they wouldn't be seeking publicity, would they. Just transport it and shut-up already.

"FedEx Cares" (not one effing iota).

fethrs

I dont care about the FedEx part, I am just curious what area of NM the story is about....
That's ok, I can find it on my own.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MrFedEx can you post a link?
I am curious about this story.
Thanks

I tried to Google it but all I got was Fred S belonging to Skull and Bones at Yale, another story altogether. I'll keep searching to see if I can find you a link. The ultimate destination for the remains was ABQ, New Mexico.

quadro

For their latest PR stunt, FedEx Express has repatriated the bones of some ancient tribal members back to New Mexico. Did they decorate the aircraft and CTV this time with any special decals? How do they even think this crap up? If they really cared, they wouldn't be seeking publicity, would they. Just transport it and shut-up already.

I tried to Google it but all I got was Fred S belonging to Skull and Bones at Yale, another story altogether. I'll keep searching to see if I can find you a link. The ultimate destination for the remains was ABQ, New Mexico.
That's some publicity FedEx got. Just about anything can be found via Google and yet you can't find anything? I guess they did transport it and shut-up. Of course, I'm sure you believe that FedEx controls the media so even if there were links it would have to be FedEx's fault and nothing to do with reporters doing their job.

fethrs

That's some publicity FedEx got. Just about anything can be found via Google and yet you can't find anything? I guess they did transport it and shut-up. Of course, I'm sure you believe that FedEx controls the media so even if there were links it would have to be FedEx's fault and nothing to do with reporters doing their job.

I think he was just responding to my request qaudro. No biggie.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It was just on the site today, so I'm guessing they haven't had the chance to pimp it yet. Give them time and they'll do something with it.

quadro

It was just on the site today, so I'm guessing they haven't had the chance to pimp it yet. Give them time and they'll do something with it.
And of course it was a super secret mission so obviously if the media gets the info it has to be Fred/FedEx that leaked it. And the consipiracy continues.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He was but my point was that he slammed FedEx for getting publicity and yet by his own admission there isn't any.

There isn't any...yet. Like I said, give it a week and see what they do with it. I just flashed on the story on the corporate website yesterday. On Monday, I'll go in and watch it in detail. FedEx seldom misses an opportunity to toot their own horn.

quadro

There isn't any...yet. Like I said, give it a week and see what they do with it. I just flashed on the story on the corporate website yesterday. On Monday, I'll go in and watch it in detail. FedEx seldom misses an opportunity to toot their own horn.
Amazing. Is it really impossible for you to admit that you are wrong? If and when there is some publicity you won't know whether the media found out about it through FedEx, someone working at the airport, someone working for wherever the bones were going, etc, etc. Just because the story eventually makes a newspaper doesn't mean it was because FedEx tooted their own horn and yet you have already proclaimed them guilty of doing so. And in reality, so what if FedEx does toot its own horn, isn't that what every business in the world does whenever they have any type of advertising?

I think this slam was a stretch, even for you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amazing. Is it really impossible for you to admit that you are wrong? If and when there is some publicity you won't know whether the media found out about it through FedEx, someone working at the airport, someone working for wherever the bones were going, etc, etc. Just because the story eventually makes a newspaper doesn't mean it was because FedEx tooted their own horn and yet you have already proclaimed them guilty of doing so. And in reality, so what if FedEx does toot its own horn, isn't that what every business in the world does whenever they have any type of advertising?

I think this slam was a stretch, even for you.

FedEx makes the big deal out of their public service scams...not me. Like I said, if they were being altruistic about it, they'd just fly the stuff and say nothing. If the media picks-up on it and runs a favorable story...OK. But when they splash it all over the corporate website and worse (think sea turtles) they have ulterior motives for PR purposes. I'd like to see FedEx use their corporate jets to fly sick kids, handle medical emergencies like transplants and similar missions of mercy instead of being Congress Express for Fred's friends. Pretty soon we'll be saving the endangered sea monkeys from expired shelf dates and whoring for more media attention.

"FedEx Cares", but only when it benefits them.

I still think they will try to make hay off this latest stunt. Prove me wrong, oh great apologetic one.

quadro

FedEx makes the big deal out of their public service scams...not me. Like I said, if they were being altruistic about it, they'd just fly the stuff and say nothing. If the media picks-up on it and runs a favorable story...OK. But when they splash it all over the corporate website and worse (think sea turtles) they have ulterior motives for PR purposes. I'd like to see FedEx use their corporate jets to fly sick kids, handle medical emergencies like transplants and similar missions of mercy instead of being Congress Express for Fred's friends. Pretty soon we'll be saving the endangered sea monkeys from expired shelf dates and whoring for more media attention.

"FedEx Cares", but only when it benefits them.

I still think they will try to make hay off this latest stunt. Prove me wrong, oh great apologetic one.
Just curious but how much publicity did you see when FedEx flew relief aid to Haiti? How much publicity do you see for Orbis? Etc, etc.

Businesses do this all the time. They advertise their matching charitable contributions, they advertise how much of each purchase is going to (insert relevant charity/fund/etc. here). You can spin this as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that any publicity from this will result in a "told you so" from you even though you will have no idea how the media got a hold of the story.

As much as you'd like to make out that everything FedEx does is evil, I'm pretty sure you are not going to succeed with this one. As I said, this is a stretch, even for you. And that's not an apology, it's just common sense.

Oh and before I forget, I have seen the corporate jets used to fly employees in an emergency (yes, hourly employees) but to protect the privacy of the employees, not much was said. The only reason I knew about it was because it was someone I knew well who was in the station I worked at when it happened. Granted, I've only seen it happen twice in 20+ years but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened at least a few more times. Of course, because there was no publicity, I wouldn't know.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just curious but how much publicity did you see when FedEx flew relief aid to Haiti? How much publicity do you see for Orbis? Etc, etc.

Businesses do this all the time. They advertise their matching charitable contributions, they advertise how much of each purchase is going to (insert relevant charity/fund/etc. here). You can spin this as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that any publicity from this will result in a "told you so" from you even though you will have no idea how the media got a hold of the story.

As much as you'd like to make out that everything FedEx does is evil, I'm pretty sure you are not going to succeed with this one. As I said, this is a stretch, even for you. And that's not an apology, it's just common sense.

Oh and before I forget, I have seen the corporate jets used to fly employees in an emergency (yes, hourly employees) but to protect the privacy of the employees, not much was said. The only reason I knew about it was because it was someone I knew well who was in the station I worked at when it happened. Granted, I've only seen it happen twice in 20+ years but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened at least a few more times. Of course, because there was no publicity, I wouldn't know.

I'll agree with you that all companies do this, which is fine to an extent. FedEx goes to great lengths to pretend it's something it's not (a caring corporation), and they do it better than anyone else.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll agree with you that all companies do this, which is fine to an extent. FedEx goes to great lengths to pretend it's something it's not (a caring corporation), and they do it better than anyone else.

That's debateable. BP had a pretty good push about being "green" for the planet 10 months ago. Fedex isn't better than that.

FedEx2000

Posting it on the intranet, where only FedEx employees can see it is hardly "pimping it out" for publicity. More of a way to let employees know about it than anything, nothing wrong with that at all....whether you agree with our decision to transport the remains or not.