FedEx Speaks and The Business World Reacts

Six Sides

FDX shares drop on their third quarter results, and take the rest of the market down with it. I remember when UPS was bellwether of business activity.

tieguy

Banned
I think the "higher than expected" jobless claims are more of a drag than FedEx.

Agreed. The dollar rising overnight which many think will put pressure on raising interest rates also has the market in a funk.

I'm enjoying the fdx backfire today. I've always believed Fdx has been BS'ing the market.

Two weeks ago they raised guidance for this quarter.

Monday they ran a big media blitz on how monday was the busiest shipping day.

Today they tried to set up a cakewalk third quarter by lowering guidance and hoping no one would notice this close to christmas.

They got hammered for it and rightfully so. Some in the market are finally starting to recognize the games fdx plays.

rwsmith67

Agreed. The dollar rising overnight which many think will put pressure on raising interest rates also has the market in a funk.

I'm enjoying the fdx backfire today. I've always believed Fdx has been BS'ing the market.

Today they tried to set up a cakewalk third quarter by lowering guidance and hoping no one would notice this close to christmas.

They got hammered for it and rightfully so. Some in the market are finally starting to recognize the games fdx plays.

Well said Tie!:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Good post. FedEx plays lots of games, but the "referees" are usually bought and paid for. It's kind of like the WWF, except with pkgs.