Fedex taking care of there employees

ManInBrown

Fedex cares for you so much. All pm drivers must work regular hours on new years eve. So stay out there and get those 1900 drop boxes at regular time on new years eve. Dont mind the ups guy getting time and a half workin that day either. They're evil.. Thats how much we appreciate your hard work out here in memphis.

It was actually Double time

MassWineGuy

Thanks, BBsam, for catching that. I was about to post something about it. Also, listen up everyone: If you're not sure if an apostrophe goes at the end of a word before an "s", leave it out.

To the OP, I'm a PT PM and got out of the station 30 minutes earlier than usual. C'mon, it's friggin' New Years Eve, not Christmas Day (which I also worked).

Fedex cares for you so much. All pm drivers must work regular hours on new years eve. So stay out there and get those 1900 drop boxes at regular time on new years eve. Dont mind the ups guy getting time and a half workin that day either. They're evil.. Thats how much we appreciate your hard work out here in memphis.
They get double time plus holiday pay but I pay 85 dollars a month in Union dues in a right to work state thank you union luv ya

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Why would you think that you shouldn't work regular hours on New Year's Eve? A lot of PM people didn't have to work Christmas Eve. I'm no longer a fan of FedEx, but I don't under stand your rationale.

Fragiledonthrow

By comparing to ups. Who didnt even have a pm shift on new years eve in my area. Christmas eve pm drivers worked and we did deliveries after. To help get guys home.
Mispelling a word truly defines who a person is. You guys are funny..

MassWineGuy

"There" tell's all

Yes. I wish there weren't so many illiterate morons running about who have no clue about proper grammar. In this case it could be "their," but the proper pronoun is actually "its" because FedEx isn't a person. And since the R is on the other side of the keyboard from i, this was no typo.

I have a master's degree in journalism. Please reign in your gratitude.

Dex01

Banned
but the proper pronoun is actually "its" because FedEx isn't a person

Actually, constitutionally speaking, Fedex is a person. How else would we have lovely democracy enhancing measures such as Citizens United?

I'm going to email Noam Chomsky and see if it should really be "their" in this case.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes. I wish there weren't so many illiterate morons running about who have no clue about proper grammar. In this case it could be "their," but the proper pronoun is actually "its" because FedEx isn't a person. And since the R is on the other side of the keyboard from i, this was no typo.

I have a master's degree in journalism. Please reign in your gratitude.

Umm, Mr. Master's Degree in Journalism, pretty sure that's supposed to be "rein" in our gratitude. Might want to look that one up. :)

oldngray

nowhere special
Couldn't help myself. Lol.
grammar_nazi2.jpg

Dex01

Banned
Couldn't help myself. Lol. It's always fun correcting someone who professes to be an expert and feels the need to correct someone else who isn't. :)

Cut the guy some slack. He was probably distracted preparing a speech for future graduates of his alma mater entitled "How My Masters Degree in Journalism Prepared Me for Working in the Logistics Industry".