FedEx to go on strike Friday

CatMan

You need only look at FedEx's track record on implementing new processes and procedures to know that, come hell or high water, this program is going forward.

You need only look at FedEx's track record of success in implementing new processes and procedures to know how the outcome of this is going to turn out.
Right! In just a few weeks you'll see 10 ground trucks for each express truck...Assuming that ground can find enough Oxen (thanks Bacha!)..to fill the ranks!

MAKAVELI

I tell you right now. I know from personal experience that FedEx will not allow it's employees to go on strike. Anyone that calls in "Sick" will be expected to turn in a doctors note. Anyone that does not will be subject to PIP up to and including dismissal. If you feel strongly enough to walk out, do it. But I warn you right now that there WILL be repercussions.
Not in California. Can't be disciplined for using sick leave.

Purple no more

LOL, nothing will happen.

Can't arbitrarily require a doc's note unless an employee has a habit of questionable sick calls, and especially not during a pandemic when much of the country is shut down. Anyone who doesn't have existing attendance issues who gets discipline for a sick call this Friday would win a GFT claim and probably at step one.
Dano… FedEx can and would require doctors notes. Especially since it is public knowledge that a work action is planned for Friday. Do you remember the work action from ALPA? I personally had put people on PIP for stuff like this and it was upheld by GFT. Be careful people...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano… FedEx can and would require doctors notes. Especially since it is public knowledge that a work action is planned for Friday.

It's a "work action" in the sense that some people on the internet said something about such a thing, not in the sense that it's an organized event for Express employees. Regardless, FedEx has already said that you don't have to work if you are scared of getting the COVID-19. And good luck getting a doctor's note, what with so many doctors' offices and urgent clinics being closed.

Do you remember the work action from ALPA? I personally had put people on PIP for stuff like this and it was upheld by GFT. Be careful people...

Show up for work, coughing, and claim a fever. They won't be able to get you out of there fast enough. Show up for work and tell them that your spouse was exposed to the virus. "TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED!"

Where have you been for the past six weeks????

floridays

It's a "work action" in the sense that some people on the internet said something about such a thing, not in the sense that it's an organized event for Express employees. Regardless, FedEx has already said that you don't have to work if you are scared of getting the COVID-19. And good luck getting a doctor's note, what with so many doctors' offices and urgent clinics being closed.

Show up for work, coughing, and claim a fever. They won't be able to get you out of there fast enough. Show up for work and tell them that your spouse was exposed to the virus. "TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED!"

Where have you been for the past six weeks????
Basically you are saying if 70,000 or so employees did as you claim they could return to work, (if it remained) with no repercussions?

Is that what you are saying?

Make it clear, not for one individual, clear if it happened en masse.

Exactly how would it end?

It will not happen, but I assume you "big boys" have contemplated it, you assess every possibility, correct?

Let's hear the "war game" alternatives you big boys have considered.

Just a question.

Last edited:

Working4the1%

Fedex has a policy that if you feel Uncomfortable going to work you can call out without consequences......feel uncomfortable on FRIDAY

rod

Retired 22 years
So what's the deal? Is the strike still on? Will I be receiving my two 150 pound anvils from Harbor Freight Friday or not?

Maui

Not in California. Can't be disciplined for using sick leave.

It's not just CA anymore. It's like 10 or 12 states. With COVID it's a no note era anywhere. And with telemedicine it's simple to get a note.

There is no action planned. It's a random story mean to start s#@t.

Artee

Let me guess. No balls from the strong willed fedex employees? It was a nice thought tho. Maybe next time
Tough to have a call out sick day when no one knows about it except of a couple of internet jokers who made this up. They might want to communicate their plan to the other 99.9999% of workers out there.

fedx

Extra Large Package
We're not getting hazard pay... plus this never-ending ecommerce avalanche is starting to burn some drivers out. My state exceed the 100,000 mark of positive covid cases last week and still climbing.

Working 7 days straight close to midnight, some goes past that... some are now allowed to have one day off. Me, I'll do a big box iC ireg day just to have a half day of work and rest up... refreshing to clock out at 1800 once in a while

Starting to recruit from anyone willing to work that needs income, so at least there's relief in the horizon.

Uptick in road traffic, even with the stay home rule in place... people are getting cabin fever.

Still relatively light on road traffic and no white powder to slip/slide around in, but relentless resi volume.

The management has to tell these drivers to cram the perishables, medical supplies, and essentials as priority freight if they can't load everything for the day. The trampolines, rug rolls, and furniture will just have to wait.

Dunno y some of us are finding express packages in these times; we're not in that test market area & we don't need that date certain freight if some routes are rolling overflow for up to a week now.

Back to the rat race... Hope all is well for everyone here.

That's the problem. FedEx seems to be having a ton of volume, but they won't give anyone an "essential pay" spiff. And I can almost guarantee you when raises come out in October that the company will use this coronavirus as an excuse to not give any raises again.

AB831

That's the problem. FedEx seems to be having a ton of volume, but they won't give anyone an "essential pay" spiff. And I can almost guarantee you when raises come out in October that the company will use this coronavirus as an excuse to not give any raises again.
Oh raises will be given...just not to anyone who wasn't already making a seven digit per year salary.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Basically you are saying if 70,000 or so employees did as you claim they could return to work, (if it remained) with no repercussions?

Is that what you are saying?

Make it clear, not for one individual, clear if it happened en masse.

Exactly how would it end?

It will not happen, but I assume you "big boys" have contemplated it, you assess every possibility, correct?

Let's hear the "war game" alternatives you big boys have considered.

Just a question.

"Hey Dano. You said something. I put some words in your mouth and have a hypothetical scenario that involves a mass extrapolation far beyond the scope and scale of what you said. Please address my hypothetical scenario with a detailed answer."