FedEx to start delivering ground on Sundays

JustDeliverIt

They're going to have to do something. What is to keep shippers using us when Fedex will Deliver it on sunday for them?

Roll SurePost into our delivery? They would have to do something to get the volume up. I'm not saying your wrong, but the company has a lot to figure out I would have to think.

Saturday delivery has wrecked Saturdays and Mondays. Throwing Sundays in the mix could just be a disaster IMO.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
To work a premium day. Union sold us down the river on 22.4
yes and no. without 22.4 ups would have 2 choices. stick to strictly mon-fri delivery forever and lose considerable revenue or deliver sat and sun and pay enormous overtime and doubletime to do it and again, lose considerable revenue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yes and no. without 22.4 ups would have 2 choices. stick to strictly mon-fri delivery forever and lose considerable revenue or deliver sat and sun and pay enormous overtime and doubletime to do it and again, lose considerable revenue.
Not exactly. Change language to allow for t-s work schedule for RPCD. Many already had this language.

Heavy Package

Is FedEx ready to lose a lot of money for a long period of time to do this? Monday's now are a disaster. Staffing, feeder and hub costs, smartpost cost increases, etc. I remember all of the pics of balloons and cake when Saturday ground started here and all over the country. There's no more balloons and cake.

We will need to respond. If we took a large part of surepost back that will be delivered by the Post Office on Saturday and Monday I think that would help. But it really is low-cost trash work. I am assuming no business deliveries or pick-ups on Sunday so Monday / Tuesday will be a side-show.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If that's a problem, don't bid the job.

The members didn't vote. (time and time again)

Don't blame the Union.

Those answers could just as easily been written/spoken by David Abney or any other higher up at UPS, yet our union leadership seems to feel the same way.

Maybe when you post you should read what you've typed and think to yourself "does this sound like something David Abney would say" before you hit the reply button.

I really do appreciate all of your knowledge, but sometimes your condescending tone really confuses me.

Overpaid Union Thug

If that's a problem, don't bid the job.

The members didn't vote. (time and time again)

Don't blame the Union.

That is such a cop out. People did vote. Yes, the turn out was sad but anyone who took the time to actually vote should be counted. So yes, it is indeed the union’s fault. I don’t care if one person voted or 100. They took the time to vote so their votes should count.