FedEx to start delivering ground on Sundays

rocket man

Are you kidding about Monday or Tuesday? The guys and girls who deliver on Saturday or friend* waste I have more not in one's. I have more send against than I have in a month just from 1 Saturday it's a joke and what supervisors are they going to get to work on Sunday?

JL 0513

Abney said in a Bloomberg interview that they are already looking into Sunday delivery. Bloomberg isn't letting me link the interview but you can look it up.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Are you kidding about Monday or Tuesday? The guys and girls who deliver on Saturday or friend* waste I have more not in one's. I have more send against than I have in a month just from 1 Saturday it's a joke and what supervisors are they going to get to work on Sunday?

Do the supes have a choice

Not if they want to keep working

take your time

IT WAS THE UNIONS PROPOSAL!!!!

And the members did vote. A big fat no. But leadership wanted 22.4 and they found a way to get what they wanted.

Look, I'm all for the Union, and all that jazz.

But you have to look at it from a different point of view. The reality is that we need to have 22.4 combo jobs at a lower scale. This will allow UPS to remain competitive against Amazon and Fed Ex. Yes, it's bad for the 22.4 combo guys, but their pay scale isn't THAT much lower than us. They are going to be making $32 at top scale, an $8 dollar difference.

What's the point of having everyone as a 22.3, if the company goes under? I don't know about you, but I prefer that the company lasts another 100 years.....

Robretro

But you have to look at it from a different point of view. The reality is that we need to have 22.4 combo jobs at a lower scale. This will allow UPS to remain competitive against Amazon and Fed Ex. Yes, it's bad for the 22.4 combo guys, but their pay scale isn't THAT much lower than us. They are going to be making $32 at top scale, an $8 dollar difference.

What's the point of having everyone as a 22.3, if the company goes under? I don't know about you, but I prefer that the company lasts another 100 years.....
Says the guy at top rate. $8/hr less is substantial. If they are going to pay less, they should require less. Make it part time, for people looking for extra work like the post office does.
I don’t know anyone who is happy about the possibility of working Wednesday/Sunday, especially for that pay.

take your time

Says the guy at top rate. $8/hr less is substantial. If they are going to pay less, they should require less. Make it part time, for people looking for extra work like the post office does.
I don’t know anyone who is happy about the possibility of working Wednesday/Sunday, especially for that pay.

I don't disagree with you that they shouldn't be working harder than a regular 22.3.

However, we have to think long term about the company. Amazon and Fed Ex doesn't have a Union. That means they are really competitive. As much as the Union is a blessing (it really is), it doesn't mean we can't be smart about fiances. What point is the Union if the company goes under?

If these new 22.4 will allow UPS to continue to be successful, then so be it.

take your time

You take any person that is unemployed..that has never held a job that pays above minimum wage or $18....and tell them that they will make $32 in 4 years.....I promise you, they will accept the job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Like I’ve said a million times. When the company starts thinking about cutting the dividend or freezing shipping prices we can start talking about cuts

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You take any person that is unemployed..that has never held a job that pays above minimum wage or $18....and tell them that they will make $32 in 4 years.....I promise you, they will accept the job.
Yeah good luck with that. There are areas trying to hire guys off the street for $40 an hour in 4 years and no one wants to do it because they know what the job entails.

Fat chance guys are doing it to work weekends for $8 an hour less.

take your time

Yeah good luck with that. There are areas trying to hire guys off the street for $40 an hour in 4 years and no one wants to do it because they know what the job entails.

Fat chance guys are doing it to work weekends for $8 an hour less.

Well, won't disagree with you there.

It does take a special person to do a job like this, and put up with all the bs day in and day out. So you are correct.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
And then promptly leave it after realizing they can do 10% of the work somewhere else for half the pay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If we are losing money doing Saturday, and some places are eliminating it, why would we double down on Sunday's?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I also read FedEx will start delivering all their SmartPost. Does this mean we’ll deliver all our SurePost? Isn’t there some clause that we only give the USPS SurePost if FedEx does the same?
Better buy more trucks if that is the case.

CalDrvr06

IMO what makes weekends profitable is the p/u volume ups can get in the network and out faster possibly even delivered mondays. You can hear Abney mention twice in the recent Forbes video. I believe ups sales team are probably working feverishly to secure contracts from big and small buisnesses to secure weekends pickups and also deliveries of course. I believe once there is enuff p/u on weekends to make it worth it best believe big brown will be out there 24/7.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
My center refuses to deliver any business on Saturday. The only pickups they do on Saturday are UPS Stores and “on-call” pickups. Therefore, not much will be delivered on Monday from Saturday pickups.