FedEx truck hit by train

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

This was in near Hutto in Central Texas. Driver is ok, amazingly enough. Crossings like this are fairly common here in Texas

FedEx truck hit by train in Williamson County - Yahoo! News

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
He or she will be fired for sure for committing an unsafe act.
There's no excuse for that accident, totally avoidable. There's no reason why the driver "didn't see" a train.
Most likely the driver was using some sort of electronic device.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

From what our DM said, he was completely blindsided by the train and was not distracted. The crossing is nothing but a stop sign, no lights flashing or bells ringing, and the engineers are not required to sound the horn at these crossings. Knowing how bad these older trucks rattle and vibrate, especially at idle, I see how the train would've been missed.

The fact that he is ok is amazing after seeing the pics, the seat and dash were basically all that was left.

SmithBarney

From what our DM said, he was completely blindsided by the train and was not distracted. The crossing is nothing but a stop sign, no lights flashing or bells ringing, and the engineers are not required to sound the horn at these crossings. Knowing how bad these older trucks rattle and vibrate, especially at idle, I see how the train would've been missed.

The fact that he is ok is amazing after seeing the pics, the seat and dash were basically all that was left.

Actually I can't see at all how it was missed, Straight track, and for what I can see, plenty of visibility either direction.
Being a regular driver in that area, he would be familiar with knowing trains run. My guess is he didn't stop look and listen...
It is sad either way.