FedEx vs UPS wages - the lowdown

bbsam

Staff member
How do they acquire these numbers? I'm trying to come up with these figures to bring my Ground drivers to a more realistic pay rate and even tried to get a thread started in the Fedex forum where nobody wanted to post numbers. I'd like to be able to produce these figures at negotiation for an ISP agreement but doubt that the company negotiators are going to accept a union publication as legitimate numbers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How do they acquire these numbers? I'm trying to come up with these figures to bring my Ground drivers to a more realistic pay rate and even tried to get a thread started in the Fedex forum where nobody wanted to post numbers. I'd like to be able to produce these figures at negotiation for an ISP agreement but doubt that the company negotiators are going to accept a union publication as legitimate numbers.

It is an interesting question. I'm surprised that you do not have the info...however I am going to guess that FedEx must publish them somewhere because it is not the first time I've seen it.

Can FedEx legally hide it's employees wages ? Probably a very naive question lol

bbsam

Staff member
I was surprised nobody on here wanted to share them. I constantly here from posters here how crappy Ground drivers have it and now when I'm in a position to possibly affect that situation, silence. But you've given me a starting point so now I just have to corroborate the numbers from a...let's say a more dissinterested source.:happy2:

northeast swing driver

top out will be over 32.00 an hr when they get there next raise. the biggest mistake i made was straight out of highschool i should of went there and started loading trucks. would now be making 80k plus to do the same job i do now for 45k

UnconTROLLed

perfection
top out will be over 32.00 an hr when they get there next raise. the biggest mistake i made was straight out of highschool i should of went there and started loading trucks. would now be making 80k plus to do the same job i do now for 45k

That is a nice sounding assumption, but that is also assuming you "made it" INTO the spot to even get the job after likely years of toiling, and then made it as a UPS driver on your 30 day.

LTFedExer

Jobs or wives?
She actually does the pickup route where I do mine. If I was him, I wouldn't want to lose her. She's a cute and a real pisser.
Yeah. She works harder, he probably gets to spend her money and gets the great benefits. Why would he switch?
Well, everyone around here is hung up on money and benefits. As a couple, they would make $20K-$35K more....maybe more depending on overtime. THAT's why someone might want to switch.

vantexan

Well, everyone around here is hung up on money and benefits.

Nosirree, not me, I'm here to help my management team realize all their dreams! Quick, someone give me a sword so I can fall on it! What a great company! What a great country! What a great life! Or, as they say in Texas, YEEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

"You may all go to hell, I shall go to work at FedEx!" .. Davy Crockett Jr. III (this is fake...unless he really exists, then wow..)

This is my PowerPad, this is my gun! This is for Fredding this is for fun!

vantexan

"You may all go to hell, I shall go to work at FedEx!" .. Davy Crockett Jr. III (this is fake...unless he really exists, then wow..)

This is my PowerPad, this is my gun! This is for Fredding this is for fun!

"You may all go to work, I shall go to Hell at FedEx."
Alfred "What a Crock" Newman, circa 1986.