Fedex Wages?

Not IN Trace

was wondering if someone knows how much a Fedex ground guy makes..how much a express guy makes, the fedex home delivery guy makes and how much they pay there part-timers?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not any less strange than someone who hasn't worked a day of her life for either company being one of the more dominant members of a site full of UPS folks.

I was and am a member of the UPS family for now, 39 years........Do you put down all UPS spouses or just me ??? I worked all my life for various companies while UPS moved us all across the country. So, dig away, I'm thick skinned and can swat away gnats.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You can't be paying these Fedex Home Delivery guys enough. My address is 1709 and they left my kids B-day present on the porch at 1728. Glad the neighbor was honest.

DorkHead

Not any less strange than someone who hasn't worked a day of her life for either company being one of the more dominant members of a site full of UPS folks.

Man Upstate, that was cold!! Brrrrrrrrrr. Don`t you consider your wife and kids a part of UPS`s family? Have they had to put up with disappointments because of our hours, especially during peak?

Random_Facts

Fedex part time package handlers can make anywhere from 9 dollars to about 13dollars. typically they are making 10.25 an hour though.
Fedex part time/full time drivers can make anywhere from 22dollars to 29dollars an hour.

Just remember, Fedex drivers own their own trucks so all that fuel is being paid out of the drivers pocket. Of course they can pick what routes they want to do. Or how long they want to stay out for etc etc.

Not sure about the benefits. Every company has there pros/cons. UPS they start you 8.50 an hour, no benefits for a year. Or so I've been told by the new hires. who seem to quit after the 2nd week.

bluehdmc

Fedex part time package handlers can make anywhere from 9 dollars to about 13dollars. typically they are making 10.25 an hour though.
Fedex part time/full time drivers can make anywhere from 22dollars to 29dollars an hour.

Just remember, Fedex drivers own their own trucks so all that fuel is being paid out of the drivers pocket. Of course they can pick what routes they want to do. Or how long they want to stay out for etc etc.

Not sure about the benefits. Every company has there pros/cons. UPS they start you 8.50 an hour, no benefits for a year. Or so I've been told by the new hires. who seem to quit after the 2nd week.

Fedex Express drivers work for the company and the company owns the trucks and pays for the fuel etc. I was told by the driver who services my area the pay was about $5 an hour less than UPS.

Fedex Ground and Home drivers are "independent contractors" (or whatever they are called) sometimes 1 person owns more than 1 truck and employs someone to drive one or all their trucks. In my area they seem to advertise on Craigslist looking for drivers, the ads state a SALARY ( not hourly pay) of $600 a week with NO benefits.

They also advertise for tractor trailer drivers, (I would guess the equivalent of feeder drivers for ground/home operations) stating "must pull doubles, nite work, home everday, dedicated routes". If I recall they offer about $1000. a week, again NO benefits.

In my area Fedex's Express terminal and the nearest Fedex Ground terminal are in 2 different towns about 25 miles apart.

I have no idea what the package handler pay is, or benefits, but I believe Express no longer has a defined benefit pension, just 401K.

Isn't BBSAM a Fedex ground contractor?

Maybe he could chime in.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I've heard Fedex drivers get paid by package delievered, dont really know to be honest. I wish they pay people by the package at UPS, by now I would be a rich man.

BLACKBALLED

Fedex ground pays by the package because they are ind. contractors, fedex express get paid hourly and they top out at $22.50, ups has its ups and downs, the benefit with UPS is the top Pay $30+ and the Benefits, the downside is the BS, the Corrupt management, Union Stewards and backstabbing co-workers. They cater to the females and treat their friends better and allow some of the backstabbing drivers kids move ahead of you. Trust and Integrity are not part of UPS even though they preach it!

whenIgetthere

Fedex ground pays by the package because they are ind. contractors, fedex express get paid hourly and they top out at $22.50, ups has its ups and downs, the benefit with UPS is the top Pay $30+ and the Benefits, the downside is the BS, the Corrupt management, Union Stewards and backstabbing co-workers. They cater to the females and treat their friends better and allow some of the backstabbing drivers kids move ahead of you. Trust and Integrity are not part of UPS even though they preach it!

Fedex Express top-out varies by geographical area. I work in a B scale area, transferred to this area a while back and took a $4 an hour hit. Top-out is also higher for swing drivers. In my old district, top-put for a swing driver was $26 plus change an hour. For a regular courier, it was about a buck or two lower. Where I am now, I believe it is around $22 an hour, don't really know because I'll never see top out, even after 12 years!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, it sounds like all the downsides at UPS mirror those at fedex, except the stewards!! Favoritism, absolutely at Fedex!!!