Fedex wont let me remove signature that I paid for. HELP!

bob111111

The buyer sent me an email saying that he missed the past 2 days for delivery because he had to work. I included a signature with the package.

He is requesting that I remove the signature since he wont be home again between the hours of 9am-8pm.

I called fedex headquarters and they said since I paid with a credit card, I can't remove the signature.

I'm so frustrated right now. The package is in a big box. it weighs 125lbs and I ended up spending $180 to ship it. Is there anyway I can remove the signature? They are sending it back out tomorrow and that will be the last time. Then they will send it back to my house and I will be out $180 all because they wont remove the signature.

I called 1.800.463.3339 and they are the ones that told me there was nothing I could do.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Last edited:

fres431

All the receiver has to do is sign the note fed ex left authorizing them to leave it..unless it's booze..sounds like buyer is scheming..as long as you got the money from buyer it ain't ya problem IMO

bob111111

I don't know. the guy has 100 percent feedback, but I don't want to get raped by ebay for not having a signature, so I guess I will have fedex return my package. Guess i'll take the $180 hit.

whenIgetthere

I don't know. the guy has 100 percent feedback, but I don't want to get raped by ebay for not having a signature, so I guess I will have fedex return my package. Guess i'll take the $180 hit.

It will sit at the station for a few days after the third attempt, before being shipped back to you.

I had a delivery a few weeks ago that reminds me of this situation. It was a piece of furniture to be delivered to the third floor of an apartment building. Go up to the third floor (no elevator, so I left it in the truck). no answer, so I tagged it and indirected it to the leasing office in the same building. CSA tells me when I got back that they were irate that I left it at the office, and they had it delivered because they couldn't lift 150 lb up the stairs. They actually wanted us to go back, get package from the office and carry it up to them the following day! I don't think so!

T

Turdferguson

He said it wont fit in his car. I had to drive it to the shipping facility using a pickup truck.

I just don't understand why they just cant remove the signature. I paid for it.
Why did you put the signature required on it?

T

Turdferguson

Was it a box of weed? Is that why you wanted a signature on it

By The Book

I would rather eat the $180.00 in shipping and have my product, versus not having my product and not getting paid. Your item sounds like the selling price was well above the $180.00.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've had packages where the shipper got the signature required status overridden. Unless some bonehead changed the rules, it shouldn't be too hard to do. Once that's done all that's needed is an authorized release number from dispatch.

I would never take the word of someone at the call center.

TUT

Track it at Fedex.com and choose Other Delivery Options and have it go to a Fedex Hold At Location site, that buys you 5 days, but now they have to pick it up. I think they don't allow the Sig Change because simply put their system doesn't allow it, the label has it embedded in it as well and lastly to protect against fraud.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think they don't allow the Sig Change because simply put their system doesn't allow it, the label has it embedded in it as well and lastly to protect against fraud.
So it's embedded in the label? Big deal, get an OK from the shipper, an authorized release number from dispatch and enter the tracking number manually. Ain't rocket science.

TUT

So it's embedded in the label? Big deal, get an OK from the shipper, an authorized release number from dispatch and enter the tracking number manually. Ain't rocket science.

Well then again the system doesn't allow for it as stated. Hold at Location might be the best bet to stop a return.

Was the service mentioned?