Fedx Ground Job Question

Leeroy Jenkins

Where can I get a free copy of the handbook for Ground which works under sub-contractors? Will it give me information I need before I apply for a driving position in Florida in regards to my driving record? Are the handbooks the same for every state? Thanks!

STFXG

Leeeeeeeeeerrooooooy Jeeeenkinsss!
Each contractor has their own handbook. Or should have one. Some don’t.

bacha29

Where can I get a free copy of the handbook for Ground which works under sub-contractors? Will it give me information I need before I apply for a driving position in Florida in regards to my driving record? Are the handbooks the same for every state? Thanks!
Some don't bother with books because they know that some of the guys they are reduced to hiring read on a second grade level. Just draw them pictures instead.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If anyone would have one it would be bbsam.

He's an ol' English major and if you're lucky he will even autograph a copy for you.

@bbsam

Leeroy Jenkins

Anything online in regards to handbook for ground? If I get my DOT physical before doing my application, what eliminates my application driving record wise? Don't want to pay for that and then get denied when they do a background or mvr if it's something I can already find myself. Does fedex ground have it on their website anywhere? And is it the same for each state or would I need to look for Florida only?

It will be fine

Anything online in regards to handbook for ground? If I get my DOT physical before doing my application, what eliminates my application driving record wise? Don't want to pay for that and then get denied when they do a background or mvr if it's something I can already find myself. Does fedex ground have it on their website anywhere? And is it the same for each state or would I need to look for Florida only?
Fedex will pay for the physical and drug test. It's a long list of things that will DQ someone from driving. You need a pretty clean MVR. What have you done?

Bounty

Leeroy,

You are sadly mistaken if you think that ground contractors have handbooks. I’ll break it down for you, most likely you will work hard for little pay. Probably, no paid vacation or paid holidays. Probably, no medical or 401k. It is a days pay and that’s it. If you are young do yourself a favor, look elsewhere before getting involved in this mess.

bacha29

Leeroy...Bounty's right about it. Understand you will be paid by the contractor but will be 100% subjected to the full discipline and demands for Xground with no effective recourse outside of quitting and if they want rid of you they simply tell the contractor to terminate you and there's nothing he can do in your defense. Ground is transitioning to a 6 day year round work week. Therefore here's an outline of what to expect. A 6 day work week and a production level that matches or exceeds what a UPS driver does in a day. You will come close to maxing out your lawfully permitted 70 hour work week. Pay wise with the exception of a few higher cost of living areas in the country you will be paid a set per diem that will average about $13 an hour. All straight time no overtime and zero meaningful benefits. Especially in the area of employer funded pension and health insurance plans. Your body will take a tremendous physical beating and it will in the end exact it's revenge. I was a 23 year single work area contractor who in the end had to undergo a double hip joint replacement.