Feeder Driver Full Time

allentownups

I am willing to go anywhere in the US in order to become a full time feeder driver for UPS. I noticed they were hiring in Davenport, Iowa but all the appointment times are full.

If anyone knows of a location that's hiring full time feeder's please let me know. Currently I live in eastern PA near the Bethlehem, PA hub. I've been looking for a few years now hoping Bethlehem, PA would be looking for the seasonal feeder driver but they have not. They are usually hiring the seasonal feeder guys out of Harrisburg/York PA hub's but not in Bethlehem. I spoke with a seasonal driver out of York, PA that went full-time last year(1st year as a seasonal). If I could get a seasonal feeder job out of Bethlehem, PA I wouldn't mind doing that for many years until I got full time. You would think being Bethlehem is such a big hub they would be looking for seasonal feeder drivers each year.

This ad was on upsjobs.com out of IOWA. I would have went out for an interview if they were not full already.
UPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time Tractor-Trailer Drivers. This position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and then returning to the original domicile during the same work shift. Some work is performed outdoors. Tractor-Trailer Drivers typically work weekdays (MondUPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time Tractor-Trailer Drivers. This position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and then returning to the original domicile during the same work shift. Some work is performed outdoors. Tractor-Trailer Drivers typically work weekdays (Monday through Friday) and are required to meet driver appearance standards. ay through Friday) and are required to meet driver appearance standards.

over9five

Staff member
This has to be for seasonal help (Summer vacation cover).

There cannot possibly be a need for new-hire Feeder drivers in this economy when so many have been sent back to Package.

And I would frown upon seasonal Feeder drivers being hired at facilities where drivers are still bumped into Package.

allentownups

This has to be for seasonal help (Summer vacation cover).

There cannot possibly be a need for new-hire Feeder drivers in this economy when so many have been sent back to Package.

And I would frown upon seasonal Feeder drivers being hired at facilities where drivers are still bumped into Package.

They did that with 2 people I know out of York, PA last year. They were seasonal and hired right away full time feeders. All the other feeder driver out of IOWA said seasonal except this one. Everything depends on the location. You still can't transfer to different location with UPS unless it's nearby, right?

Highwayman

The building in Bethleham is called Allentown and is a "mini-hub". Your best bet is to get in at a real hub such as Harrisburg, Pa. Right now there are as many as 20 feeders working inside the hub because work is slow. If you don't have any luck now they will be hiring casuals for peak season(Nov-Dec).:wink2: