Feeder Driver- Non trailer

MrFeeder

I am currently a package car driver. I signed a bid list for feeders a while back and today I was called to start the process. What exactly does a "Non trailer" mean?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am currently a package car driver. I signed a bid list for feeders a while back and today I was called to start the process. What exactly does a "Non trailer" mean?

I know of a few places that use a Big Bob (26 ft box truck) to run night loads to a hub and then the hub loads into that Big Bob for the preload.

Non trailer feeder driver.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know of a few places that use a Big Bob (26 ft box truck) to run night loads to a hub and then the hub loads into that Big Bob for the preload.

Non trailer feeder driver.

You don't even even need a Class A license for that do you?

MrFeeder

I talked to many of the feeders and they haven't heard of that term either. I did talk to HR and said that it's just a "code". I dont know what it means but I'm being processed to take a study guide from my local union office then take written test at the dmv. After I pass and receive a permit, I will then be processed to a two week class with UPS. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If anyone can run me through the process and what to expect I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It means, the movie is so bad, they don't want the public to see any part of it, thinking they will lose some money. Just think of anything with that fat annoying, Lena Dunham in it!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was in feeders for 29 years, and I never heard the term. I guess 2 weeks of school to learn feeders the ups way (We did 4 weekends of 12 hour days, classroom and on road.) Then they rode with us for a week, the next week I was on my own. hint. You learn more when you are by yourself.

jaker

trolling
I was in feeders for 29 years, and I never heard the term. I guess 2 weeks of school to learn feeders the ups way (We did 4 weekends of 12 hour days, classroom and on road.) Then they rode with us for a week, the next week I was on my own. hint. You learn more when you are by yourself.
It's two weeks but you have to take your dmv test in 5 days and then from there you spend a week with a sup after that you are alone and yes you will learn more alone and faster

GameCockFan

Well good luck. Feeders is great, with or without a trailer lol. Just remember it's not package. Slow down. Be safe. If you're not sure ask somebody. It will take a while to get out of the package car mentality.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
N

You wouldn't need a class A but if is over 24k you need a class B.

It's 26K, but correct.

Although the UPS box trucks are under 26K, thus only needing an operators license.

After I pass and receive a permit, I will then be processed to a two week class with UPS.

The current feeder training is a 2 week class. The first week is classroom, although by Wednesday you should be driving a tractor around the yard. Monday and Tuesday you should be in an office with the trainer going over all the rules, equipment, pre-trip. post-trip and the UPS way to do things.

By Thursday, you should be pulling a single trailer on the road, and by Friday, you should be pulling doubles.

The second week is a production week. You will actually be doing a job, pulling loads to hubs and back.

After the second week, if he says you are good to go, you need to schedule an appointment with the BMV to take your CDL test. A sup will go with you and UPS will supply the tractor and trailer.