Feeder drivers what has been your favorite tractor???

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
My favorite? 266666. 2004 Sterling. Rides nice, shifts very nicely, lots of room to sleep in. Killer A/C. Used to pull like hell, but it had injector troubles, and they downsized the injectors on me. THe worst? 262818. Short nosed International, cat motor. Couldn't pull a fart out of a constipated cow with a 10 mile head start. It was the last short nosed in Columbia SC, and I killed it when the A/C compressor froze, and I sent the pulley thru the radiator.

Big Babooba

I never drove feeders but used to shift and wash & fuel the tractors. My favorites were a '65 Diamond T and a '67 Diamond Reo. They rode like Cadillacs. The friend Model Macks just couldn't compare to them although their wet clutches were nice.

tae111

I liked the 269 series Sterling. Good power, better turning radius, shifts like butter but take off that silly rev limiter. I would love the Vision Mack if they had the 60 series motor and shifted like the sterling. Also fixing the fifth wheel issue and a little more room in the cab. All should be air ride. Maybe some day UPS will ask a Driver and a Mechanic when they speck out a tractor. Not likely though...

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
I was at a CPU yesterday talking to the UPS freight driver and he said all their tractors are air ride its in the contract... I'm jealous.

diesel96

When I drove Feeder temp for UPS during peak, I'd get a nice comfy Ford if they had me run NDA to the airport. The rest of the time I got a COE International with the absolute worst 7-speed transmission I'd ever operated. It didn't matter which IHC you got...they were all like that. Fords get a bad rap, but the Sterlings are nothing but re-badged Fords.

Before the Newer Sterling Series I started with the Ford as well. The turning radius was unmatched, no side ferrings, and less shifting (9 speed)...

upssup

Sterlings are the bomb. As a driver, mechanic and supervisor. The Sterling cannot be beat. Reliable, comfortable and good visibility. The ones I drove before UPS were brand new with automatics, power windows, locks, keyless and killer stereos. Driving truck was never so good!

bluehdmc

Sterlings are the bomb. As a driver, mechanic and supervisor. The Sterling cannot be beat. Reliable, comfortable and good visibility. The ones I drove before UPS were brand new with automatics, power windows, locks, keyless and killer stereos. Driving truck was never so good!

As long as you get one that wasn't made on a Mon or Friday. The biggest problems w/Sterlings seem to be electrical. Of course UPS tractors don't have power windows, automatics, or stereos. It just seems some Sterlings the slipseat boxes work well in and others they don't, the ones that don't work well seem to have other glitches, (like wiper problems, fuel gauges that go from empty to full when driving etc.)