Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have an agreement with UPS that when they run gypos they have to give us work to fulfill our 60 hours. I just heard some places were cutting hours for some hubs that uses gypsies.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We can work on the yard to get our hours.

I think I have lost the $.50 for doubles because of them most days. We need to be bumped up that amount automatically if they use contractors.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Why would you receive the premium if you are not performing that part of the job?

Because they are giving contractors the sets and having us do other work or bobtail to other buildings to move empty long boxes. I am on a bid run, if not for contractors I would be pulling the doubles everyday.

The past few days they have been asking feeder drivers if they want the day off unpaid so they can keep contractors rolling. The contractors pay is guaranteed right now, so they tell drivers on bid runs their run is cut and the only work is cleaning trailers or shifting in the rain. Now that we are caught up they are back to playing the game.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because the use of outside contractors has eliminated the need for him to pull doubles.

He is still getting paid to not leave the property which is much better than sitting at home.

I do agree that our drivers should be used before any outsiders but if our guys are still getting 60 hours of work then they have nothing to complain about.

60 hours * $.50/hr doubles pay = $30.

We have guys that argue that they should receive training pay for training their helpers on the DIAD. Our mall driver also asked for the $.10/hr for hauling a TP-60.

40 hours * $.10/hr TP-60 = $4.

40 hours * $.50/hr training pay = $20.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because they are giving contractors the sets and having us do other work or bobtail to other buildings to move empty long boxes. I am on a bid run, if not for contractors I would be pulling the doubles everyday.

The past few days they have been asking feeder drivers if they want the day off unpaid so they can keep contractors rolling. The contractors pay is guaranteed right now, so they tell drivers on bid runs their run is cut and the only work is cleaning trailers or shifting in the rain. Now that we are caught up they are back to playing the game.

If you have a bid run you are obviously entitled to your daily guarantee.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If you have a bid run you are obviously entitled to your daily guarantee.

You clearly have no idea how feeders work. With contractors working we are guaranteed the right to work 60 hours, possibly 70 with the DOT hours change, that is not the issue.

Most days I am doing my bid run. Some of those days a contractor will pull a set from my hub to the exact ELOC I am going to, but I am sent out bobtailing while they haul the loads

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You clearly have no idea how feeders work. With contractors working we are guaranteed the right to work 60 hours, possibly 70 with the DOT hours change, that is not the issue.

Most days I am doing my bid run. Some of those days a contractor will pull a set from my hub to the exact ELOC I am going to, but I am sent out bobtailing while they haul the loads

Does it make you feel like you are less of a man because you don't have a set of doubles behind your cab?

As long as you are not losing hours I don't understand why you are bitching.

trickpony1

There's many things you don't understand Dave...
-we lose the hook up and pretrip time;
-we lose the additional pay for pulling doubles;
-we lose the unhook time at the turn around;
-we lose the safer, more comfortable ride of having weight on the fifth wheel as compared to bobtailing.

There's many things you don't understand.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Does it make you feel like you are less of a man because you don't have a set of doubles behind your cab?

As long as you are not losing hours I don't understand why you are bitching.

The difference on the mileage run I'm on now, between doubles and singles is nearly a $100 a week. That's an issue.