Feeder jobs in NW

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
AND our sleeper teams are faster, and I believe cheaper. Good for us, good for those guys wearing ties. Hey, whadda ya know...a first.

brownrod

I was told that they are taking volume off the rails in spokane instead of seattle. Then contractors are hauling the loads to the various destinations in WA. They are using contractors because all the feeder drivers are working and it's only supposed to be a couple years before the railroads are upgraded enough to put the volume back on the rails.

BigBeef42

I was told that they are taking volume off the rails in spokane instead of seattle. Then contractors are hauling the loads to the various destinations in WA. They are using contractors because all the feeder drivers are working and it's only supposed to be a couple years before the railroads are upgraded enough to put the volume back on the rails.

That sounds about right thanks... for the insight.

I figured thats what was happening. We are too cheap to hire inside people. A few years is a long time.

How does mgmt keep getting away with hiring nonunion employees?

Sent using USPS

barnyard

KTM rider
How does mgmt keep getting away with hiring nonunion employees?

Because the people that are affected do not investigate and file the appropriate grievance.

Feeder jobs are being added all over the country to take care of BNSFs inability to fulfill their contract (BNSF told UPS they could no longer guarantee transit times).

If you are looking for a feeder job, quit posting about it on a message board and go down to your union hall and ask what the true story is.

BigBeef42

My union is full o duece.

Our union heads are best friends with my hub manager and higher ups. It wont solve anything.

Ill just keep waiting.

Sent using USPS