Feeder roof spoilers

UPS4Life

Pretty soon we will have 56 ft long boxes that are drop frames for more aerodynamics and 30ft pups!

Just a rumor but the CEO of YRC is trying to push to make 30ft pups legal. Or is this a ploy to make 56 ft trailers not look as bad?

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Pretty soon we will have 56 ft long boxes that are drop frames for more aerodynamics and 30ft pups!

Just a rumor but the CEO of YRC is trying to push to make 30ft pups legal. Or is this a ploy to make 56 ft trailers not look as bad?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I thought I read somewhere FedEx was pushing for double 30's on the Interstates.

Pickles

I can't imagine 30' pups would be any different. Even pulling triples probably wouldn't matter. Who looks in the mirror anyways?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

What about the "trailer skirts"?
A trucker friend of mine said that it helps with fuel mileage. He claims it helps in the event of tire blow outs too. The treads from the rear tires of the tractor hit the skirts and send them out the back rather than sideways. Whether or not that is true, I'm not really sure.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What are they? Anybody have a pic?

t6qomh.jpg

MoarTape

Several companies have been pushing for 33 foot pups, including UPS.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its for aerodynamics. I get between 6 and 7 mpg. If it helps improve even a half mpg thats big money

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
A trucker friend of mine said that it helps with fuel mileage. He claims it helps in the event of tire blow outs too. The treads from the rear tires of the tractor hit the skirts and send them out the back rather than sideways. Whether or not that is true, I'm not really sure.

Yes on the fuel mileage. No on the tire deflection. The skirts are just fiberglass and if something sufficient hits them they come apart.