Feeder School

NextDayAir

Does anyone know if Feeder School is paid time? A sup told me that it was not paid. That’s going to make life a bit difficult if it is indeed unpaid.

barnyard

KTM rider
Check your local supplement.

I am in Central. I was paid for my non-productive week. I would have forfeited that pay if I did not make the feeder list and if I quit before my 3 year commitment.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Check your local supplement.

I am in Central. I was paid for my non-productive week. I would have forfeited that pay if I did not make the feeder list and if I quit before my 3 year commitment.

Yep.

Non-productive week, and then a (paid) productive week pulling loads.

After that:

"Upon completion of tractor-trailer school, the Employer will determine whether the employee is qualified to drive tractor-trailers and whether the employee will be placed on the qualified list. When an employee is placed on the qualified list he/she shall be compensated forty (40) hours at the appropriate straight time hourly rate."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

-Bug-

quad decade guy

And does anyone really know why it's unpaid? You are paid to "try pkg car"...right? And as critical of

folks are for "working" off the clock, why this?

currahee

I guess i lucked out. Ups sent me to an outside company for 2 weeks . They paid 5K for school. They also paid me 40 hours each week i was there. I'm in Massachusetts.

Johney

And does anyone really know why it's unpaid? You are paid to "try pkg car"...right? And as critical of

folks are for "working" off the clock, why this?
I had heard once that they changed it to unpaid to weed out the people who were on the fence, but still went to two or three days, maybe the week and bailed out. People looking for a paid week away from package. Not sure if it's why or not.

Indecisi0n

I had heard once that they changed it to unpaid to weed out the people who were on the fence, but still went to two or three days, maybe the week and bailed out. People looking for a paid week away from package. Not sure if it's why or not.
I believed they stopped paying for the week for this very reason . Guys would sign up, go out for the week then drop out. Then repeat the process over and over again .

When I went to feeder school the first week was paid at minimum wage, and the second week was paid at regular wage. Once I completed doubles training, I received a retro check for the first week of schooling. So basically, got paid 10 bucks an hour, but once actually becoming a feeder driver, I got back paid back the difference between minimum wage and top rate.