Feeder supervisor questions

Kpo415

I guess I'm looking for a change. I've been a pt oms for the past 3 years. I'm ready to learn and do more and something different. (I hate feeling stagnant). My interest is moreso leaning towards dispatch. So I've been looking at applying for the pt feeder supervisor. Is anyone able to give me insight on the good, bad, and ugly? I've seen somewhere that in this position, that there are a lot of overnights. What are the typical hours? Typical job duties? Will my oms experience help as a feeder sup?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
3 years as a pt supe and you honestly don't know the answers to these questions...?

Or...

Haven't made supe buddies to get real life answers from...?

Sheesh.

tenor.gif

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As long as you don't mind shift work and working weekends it's probably a more interesting job than what you're currently doing. If you need a CDL they'll send you to school.

ManInBrown

Never heard of a PT feeder sup but I can tell you from just what I’ve observed, feeder sups do 1/100th the work package sups do. Ours stroll in around 3pm everyday and just seem to sit around and do nothing. It’s not like package. They’re not the enemy, even though they’d stab an hourly in the back in a heartbeat if it was called for.

Superteeth2478

Never heard of a PT feeder sup but I can tell you from just what I’ve observed, feeder sups do 1/100th the work package sups do. Ours stroll in around 3pm everyday and just seem to sit around and do nothing. It’s not like package. They’re not the enemy, even though they’d stab an hourly in the back in a heartbeat if it was called for.
Wrong. Here's the flowchart for those who don't know:
Are they management?
No>>>>Not the enemy.
Yes>>>>THE ENEMY!
© Maple Grove MN Driver

ManInBrown

Feeder sup who trained me first day. “This isn’t package. We’re not driving all over the state spying on you“ but if they feel you did something wrong, and they think it’s called for you will be disciplined. They don’t treat you like a little kid. Maybe that’s why it seems to me they don’t do much. Package was them trying to trip you up every day. I probably havent said 5 words to a supervisor in the last month. That was the shock for me when I came to feeders. Wow, this is like a different company.

meritocracy

I guess I'm looking for a change. I've been a pt oms for the past 3 years. I'm ready to learn and do more and something different. (I hate feeling stagnant). My interest is moreso leaning towards dispatch. So I've been looking at applying for the pt feeder supervisor. Is anyone able to give me insight on the good, bad, and ugly? I've seen somewhere that in this position, that there are a lot of overnights. What are the typical hours? Typical job duties? Will my oms experience help as a feeder sup?
Your IBS business agent can answer these questions for you.

UnionGuy

Feeder supervisors just sit in an office watching their computer screen all shift. Seems like a very chill job to be honest. Feeder supervisor would definitely be a lot better and less stressful than an oms position.

barnyard

KTM rider
Eventually, we are going to all be vaccinated. Once that happens, I would expect that supes are going to be doing annual rides for everyone.
So there is that.