Feeder Transfer

mrbrowntown

my local is 177 in NJ. how long after getting hired full time do i have to wait to get on the list for feeders? i cant find anything in the union book any help would be appreciated.

trickpony1

1-5 years seniority = 20 years
5-10 years seniority = 5 - 10 years
15-20 years seniority = 1 - 5 years

Other factors might include:
-how big is your hub?
-do any pkg drivers want to go feeder?
-how many feeder drivers are/will be retiring?
-have you seen a frenzied hiring spree? and;
-have you seen pkg and feeder bid sheets posted?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
my local is 177 in NJ. how long after getting hired full time do i have to wait to get on the list for feeders? i cant find anything in the union book any help would be appreciated.

I believe its 6 months before you can add your name to a new transfer list.

If you want to transfer quickly, put your name on the lists for both the Meadowlands and Edison.

ManInBrown

I was a PC driver in Local 804 (NYC area) and I was on the list 17 years when I was called. Good luck
Yeah that’s crazy. I’ve heard you guys wait forever. Our package seniority doesn’t carry over here so it thins the list out. Package guys with 10+ years don’t want to lose that seniority. We just had two 20+ year pkg guys come to feeders. Right to the bottom. Worst jobs. Worst start times. I couldn’t stomach that. 20 year package guy working with a street guy who’s been there a year and has more seniority. SMDH

Johney

Yeah that’s crazy. I’ve heard you guys wait forever. Our package seniority doesn’t carry over here so it thins the list out. Package guys with 10+ years don’t want to lose that seniority. We just had two 20+ year pkg guys come to feeders. Right to the bottom. Worst jobs. Worst start times. I couldn’t stomach that. 20 year package guy working with a street guy who’s been there a year and has more seniority. SMDH
That's how it is here. Took me 25 years in pkg before I got into feeders. Went from the top of pkg vacation picks to my 6 weeks in feeder vacation over within the first two months of the year.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We keep our seniority here. First bid after getting in I had a day run that started at 0930 and made one TA at a railyard. Totally relaxed, just a complete 180 from I was dealing with in package.

ManInBrown

Yeah but that’s the trade off. If it carries over you’re never making it to feeders because the list will be a mile long like 804. If it’s doesn’t carry over you get to feeders quicker.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah but that’s the trade off. If it carries over you’re never making it to feeders because the list will be a mile long like 804. If it’s doesn’t carry over you get to feeders quicker.
It's not a mile long here, we got a couple of guys that haven't even hit top pay yet and they just hung a bid list for part timers.