Feeders blind to overtime cuts coming.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
First off number 1 no one makes 135. Stop. And 85 a year is great to pull 3 rails a day and go home. Jobs already stealing money.
This dude is just a scrub mgt person or a sour package car guy who is pissed that he is currently getting 42 hours a week... give it 3 months and he will be back complaining that they are cutting routes and working him 52 a week....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, living on OT to then not getting overtime is a big difference. Don't live above your means and 8 and skate days are a dream come true.
My advice to anyone in a trucking job would be take as many hours as you can get and save as much as you can. Big changes are coming.

$see$gone

Sure 135 is extreme, but I do know a couple guys around that. Living within your means is the mentality people making powerball money every year want you to think. Take a look around at PCM 52hr weeks are long gone.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
No, living on OT to then not getting overtime is a big difference. Don't live above your means and 8 and skate days are a dream come true.

no, living on a salary that you've been getting for years in a area that requires that salary to just make ends meet and live within those means you speak of and then to have said salary cut is a big difference. 8 and skate are a nightmare to many.

to add, i know it was never owed or guaranteed, but it was mandatory and for 5 0r 8 0r 10 years of someones career, it becomes pretty much expected.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

no, living on a salary that you've been getting for years in a area that requires that salary to just make ends meet and live within those means you speak of and then to have said salary cut is a big difference. 8 and skate are a nightmare to many
Want to go out on my boat this summer ?

Shiftless

Why I didn't live of O/T !

Altho I'm retired, and did work a lot of O/T (not on purpose mind you) 10.5 to 11 were common on all routes. I chose NOT to live off the O/T. Turned out to be a great plan for me. Retired at 49 years of age partially from not living paycheck to paycheck off O/T and investing wisely. Conscious choice! If you are just starting out or have been at it awhile its never too late to start talking control of your end game NOW!
Trust me NO ONE ELSE is gonna do it for you!

Dos Centavo's

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My advice to anyone in a trucking job would be take as many hours as you can get and save as much as you can. Big changes are coming.
What... Dave is coming back from retirement and getting a CDL and becoming a superhero supertrucker...going to be number one in all disciplines at the national trucking rodeo for 2019.. and beyond???

Maplewood

My center went from 225 to 305 in just a year. Looking at bid routes I can see how they can pull this off. Sure it will be hard for someone making 18.75 and any other argument people come up with. Truth is transformation coming.
That would be nice. Quality of life trumps the overtime life every time. I wont believe it til I see it.