Feeders in Denver CO and Ontario Ca

toxic88

I've been out to both these hubs driving sleeper and see a bunch of coyotes/independents pulling UPS trailers. Ontario looks like it's running a good size small operation of contractors. What's the local union/drivers doing about this?? Are grievances being submit it?? Can a package driver waiting to go Feeder summit a grievance?? If UPS says they don't have enough Feeder drivers then why aren't they training more??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If only they could drive by 5 minutes before the start time once a month, the union reps could catch them!

Daf

If only they could drive by 5 minutes before the start time once a month, the union reps could catch them!
Anyone who sees it happening should write down the date and trailer number and give them to a steward or business agent.

jaker

trolling
Ontario doesn't have enough drivers right now , over the past to years they have hired 175 drivers and it's not enough

Are they taking advantage of it yes they are , but every driver is working and getting their hours

P

pickup

I've seen this in some of our rail yards : gypsys(I assume they are affiliated with Coyote) pulling UPS trailers(usually the 600 series containers) out of the railyards. So far, the ones I've seen are empties.

I wrote down a few of them but the shop steward said if they are not loads, he can't do anything about it.

P

pickup

I've seen this in some of our rail yards : gypsys(I assume they are affiliated with Coyote) pulling UPS trailers(usually the 600 series containers) out of the railyards. So far, the ones I've seen are empties.

I wrote down a few of them but the shop steward said if they are not loads, he can't do anything about it.

I assume the empties are needed for some loads within the Coyote system but the loads are not ups packages.

Inthegame

Anything coming into or out of your local should be filed on. Its going on company wide right now.
I assume you mean a UPS building, not local. In any case, loads coming in should be recorded (time and tractor/trailer numbers) and given to stewards/BA's. According to the current language only the load origin jurisdiction has grievance rights, so your local guys need that info to pass along. Loads going out should be filed on.
Anyone who sees it happening should write down the date and trailer number and give them to a steward or business agent.
Yep.