Feeders new hire.

Hey y’all. Have some general questions. When y’all hire in, I know it’s gonna be different everyone. But when first starting out as a full time hire will you atleast get 40 hours? Especially now with covid? My orientation date is the 15th. As well do any of you all double clutch?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I’ve never left a truck without setting the brakes. Been driving for 10 years. I’m not saying I know it all. Just didn’t care for the comment. ‍♂️

If you want to hang here you need to have much thicker skin.

His comment was a play on the driver in another thread who was fired for a rollaway accident in which he had not properly set the parking brake. The driver was fired and insists that he was improperly trained.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hey y’all. Have some general questions. When y’all hire in, I know it’s gonna be different everyone. But when first starting out as a full time hire will you atleast get 40 hours? Especially now with covid? My orientation date is the 15th. As well do any of you all double clutch?
Depends on where you're at as far as hours ago. Some areas are doing close to xmas volume while other areas are cutting routes.
UPS wants you to double clutch, that's how they train you. Whether you actually do or not is up to you.

If you want to hang here you need to have much thicker skin.

His comment was a play on the driver in another thread who was fired for a rollaway accident in which he had not properly set the parking brake. The driver was fired and insists that he was improperly trained.
Well see I didn’t know all that. Pretty crazy!

Driver7906

There is more work than my department can handle right now. Weeks before this pandemic started, a buddy of mine from my old package center just got into feeder. In hindsight, he got in at just the right time to avoid the nightmare happening in packages right now. He’s constantly been in feeder ever since and loving every day of it.