Feeedom on reserve

Jody43

Right now I’m doing sales full time. I work for a great company. I have a great mentor/Manager, I make my own hours and Im about to start hiring my own people with whom I will start to make commissions off of. In addition I don’t answer to anyone.

However, I’ve worked for the government (medically retired cop, but pension benefits not adequate). I’m regimented with showing up, doing a job and earning a good living. This appears to be the place for that of which I can earn, after putting my time in, a salary I was use to earning.

I’ve been given a conditional offer of employment as a driver and they are setting me up for a first week in Integrad.

Have kids and commission based work is very scary.

All I can say is, UPS seems to be run exactly like a local government and based on the online assessment training, they seem to value former police and military.

unloady

Well, your center must have a high turnover rate for drivers. Off the street hires are kept at a 6:1 ratio. Ups mostly hires from within. Your co workers/peers may look down on you for not struggling working part time at poverty wages for several years. Still, im glad you found an oppurtunity. Thank you for keepimg ohr streets safe. Best of luck to you sir.

The Driver

I drive.
You're medically retired? I'd be concerned about being able to physically do this job day in and day out, depending on your health. Best of luck.

upschuck

This may be a seasonal gig. From Memorial Day to Labor Day is considered seasonal, at ups.

Sounds like you have way more flexibility where you are at now. ups equals long hours, esp during Christmas, which will never be the same, if you take this job.

Staydryitsraining

Right now I’m doing sales full time. I work for a great company. I have a great mentor/Manager, I make my own hours and Im about to start hiring my own people with whom I will start to make commissions off of. In addition I don’t answer to anyone.

However, I’ve worked for the government (medically retired cop, but pension benefits not adequate). I’m regimented with showing up, doing a job and earning a good living. This appears to be the place for that of which I can earn, after putting my time in, a salary I was use to earning.

I’ve been given a conditional offer of employment as a driver and they are setting me up for a first week in Integrad.

All I can say is, UPS seems to be run exactly like a local government and based on the online assessment training, they seem to value former police and military.
Fantastic

Don't do it.

Jody43

Don't do it.
Why? I don’t get it! Why the hate for the job? My father was a cop for 35 years and my mom was a college professor/teacher. I was raised to do a hard days work for a good wage. I just don’t get why this job has so much hate!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why? I don’t get it! Why the hate for the job? My father was a cop for 35 years and my mom was a college professor/teacher. I was raised to do a hard days work for a good wage. I just don’t get why this job has so much hate!
Hang around here long enough, you’ll learn why.