Feelin' Old

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, got kind of a shock today. I was reading somewhere in the paper that Ali MacGraw is 70 yrs. old.

OMG ! I can't believe it !!

I know, there's some smart aleck out there going, "Who's Ali MacGraw?"

over9five

Staff member
I second that OMG. OMG!!!!

Anyhow, she was married to Paul Newman, and I was thinking she starred in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" with him.
I had to look it up and it turns out that was Katharine Ross. NOW look at Katharine and Ali back then. Scary how much alike they look. Same age about too.
40 years ago. How time does slip away.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I remember her from "Love Story", with Ryan O'Neal. Al Gore claimed the book was based on him.:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Al Gore...LOT of Laughs!...Everything is always about him...
Now now, Bad Gas, we should be thankful for Algore. He also claimed to help invent the internet. If the people of his own state of Tennessee would have voted for him in 2000, he would have been the President!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know but seriously who is she???????
One of my favorite movies way back when. Love story. She was beautiful with long black shiny hair, and dying of cancer. I was young hahaha, and I must of watched it a million times. Made me cry almost as much as Old Yeller. Now the question is ":why do we like to watch things that make us cry"??????????????

DS

Fenderbender
Not all of us do tooner.I've never seen it,nor do I intend to,maybe its a chick thing,life sucks bad enough on its own at times.
Anyways,this is actually a great idea for a thread moreluck!
About 12 years ago I refused to buy a computer just because I really didn't think I needed one,but about 2 years later I caved.
Now its a cell phone thing.Its not that I'm cheap,its that the money dissappears fast enough without one.We pay $34.42 a month for our home phone.I've seen my wifes son's cellphone bill and its a LOT more than that.How long can I hang on before I cave .I just saw on tv that 2 of the major phone companies here are starting to charge 15cents for both incoming and outgoing text messages...I could smell that one coming
Money hunger is killing us.They are trying to make people get CAT licences now...screw them,I aint buying it.Ok so I am upset with society as a hole . Has anyone seen that movie "falling down"? it aint no love story.Sorry I rambled on.

satellitedriver

Old is good, it is far better than the alternative.
Feelin' is good.
"Love story" was written as a college bet between two friends.
Just plug the numbers in and make them cry kind of writing.
It worked.
Mucho big bucks.
Speaking of old folks,
while sitting on the porch with friends listening to an old Johnny Rivers album this last weekend,
we were really enjoying the music remembering our youth and kinda dancing ,like old folks do. My wife piped up and said that he was still performing at the "boats" in Shreveport, La.
I said I thought he had died, by now.
Guess what, some old foggies are going to pack up and go see another old foggie preform.
If that fossil can still stand up and give a show, this fossil will be able to sit and listen.
I might even dance in the aisles.