Feeling sick at work

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
The other day i felt nausea throughout the shift as an overnight unloader, I went to the bathroom and vomited, I came back and told my fulltime supervisor "I dont feel good I just threw up" she said to me "Why are you telling me this?" along with " Im not going to send you home because you missed too many days"- instantly this made me furious bc there are individuals who show up once a week and if they got sick they got sent home(a conversation i had with a coworker the same day that doesnt show up and gets sent home for being sick), individuals who come in with a late start and get sent home early when we aren't covered, theres obviously favoritism going around the workplace. I told her "if you're not going to send me home then im not going to work at the pace I would normally do so and she didn't say anything and didnt send me home. I didn't show up for 4 out of the 5 days a week before and this was due to the fact I had final exams to study for and I let her know each day I wasn't going to show up and she acknowledged that. Then after the night i puked I didn't come to work the day after because of other flu like symptoms (extreme sore throat unable to eat or drink water, diarrhea, and fever). What can I do if she wants to write me up or wants to fire me when i come back? File a Grievance with the union or tell her upfront that she wasn't being fair to me and that she was being rude with the way she handled the situation ?

Nah
The other day i felt nausea throughout the shift as an overnight unloader, I went to the bathroom and vomited, I came back and told my fulltime supervisor "I dont feel good I just threw up" she said to me "Why are you telling me this?" along with " Im not going to send you home because you missed too many days"- instantly this made me furious bc there are individuals who show up once a week and if they got sick they got sent home(a conversation i had with a coworker the same day that doesnt show up and gets sent home for being sick), individuals who come in with a late start and get sent home early when we aren't covered, theres obviously favoritism going around the workplace. I told her "if you're not going to send me home then im not going to work at the pace I would normally do so and she didn't say anything and didnt send me home. I didn't show up for 4 out of the 5 days a week before and this was due to the fact I had final exams to study for and I let her know each day I wasn't going to show up and she acknowledged that. Then after the night i puked I didn't come to work the day after because of other flu like symptoms (extreme sore throat unable to eat or drink water, diarrhea, and fever). What can I do if she wants to write me up or wants to fire me when i come back? File a Grievance with the union or tell her upfront that she wasn't being fair to me and that she was being rude with the way she handled the situation ?

What a mess.

First of all stop missing work. Second, mind your own business. Trying to say there's favoritism going on never works, it's a completely useless argument/observation, even though we all know it happens. Finally, yes, file any grievances you think would apply in this situation. I can think of at least two articles that might apply.

Finally, see a doctor. Nausea and vomiting in a job like this isn't a good sign.

UnionGuy

No excuse to miss work due to finals. You missed 4 out of 5 days??? That's insane. You should take your classes online instead. Every community college and University offers them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Look, you have to play the game. Keep working but work sick. Let things back up. The goal is make that sup ask you to leave because you are useless to him or her.

GenericUsername

"Hey boss, I'm not feeling well. I'm overheated and have been throwing up. I think I need to go to the doctor for heat related illness." Pretty sure that would get your manager's attention.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
just quit already

watdaflock?

The other day i felt nausea throughout the shift as an overnight unloader, I went to the bathroom and vomited, I came back and told my fulltime supervisor "I dont feel good I just threw up" she said to me "Why are you telling me this?" along with " Im not going to send you home because you missed too many days"- (quit reading)
Why are you missing so much work?

ski or die

Ski or Die
Next time go to the breakroom and get a couple of packets of mustard. Swallow them and go looking for the Sup and make a deposit on her shoes. Then ask if you can go home.

MattM

Get sick. Faint. Call 911. Get news involved.

It happened where I work.

Now we have bosses On a short leash with hr.

Edit:
Re read your run on post.
this is peak. Why are you calling out of work? Do you have any sick hours to use? Had your attendance been good before?

It may be time to quit and get a job that you can handle.

And just because your call outs are acknowledged doesn't mean they are acceptable. There is a difference.

Dr.Brownz

If you are feeling sick go to management and say "I'm feeling extremely sick, I can't work right now, I am going home" End of story. If they pressure to stay file harassment grievances. They cannot make you stay if you are sick. Don't try to talk this out with them, get your steward involved and file the paper work. Management at UPS are all soulless robots, don't even bother thinking of them as people.

El Correcto

god is dead
You should quit being a pusillanimous.