feeling stressed out

DainGrant

So my vacation is coming up I have one week but my body needs more time than that to recover from the stress of this job. Asked if I could get a schedule week off the week after my one week is up and they said no I asked why and the answer was because the overall attendance in the center is no good so it's gonna be a problem to get a scheduled off. How do I go about solving this problem? All comments are appreciated. Thanks I'm advance.

over9five

Staff member
You have to look into why you're letting the job is stress you out. It can be stressful, but not to the point where you need additional time off.
Maybe see your doctor and get referred to someone to talk to about this.

ALSO, and I'm hesitant to add this, no offense to you..... but the job seriously ain't for everyone. Leave if it's hurting you, it ain't worth it.

​Best of luck.

stink219

First is to change your perception of this job. Second option is, on your vacation, talk to a shrink and go out on stress leave. Third option, call out sick.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have to look into why you're letting the job is stress you out. It can be stressful, but not to the point where you need additional time off.
Maybe see your doctor and get referred to someone to talk to about this.

ALSO, and I'm hesitant to add this, no offense to you..... but the job seriously ain't for everyone. Leave if it's hurting you, it ain't worth it.

​Best of luck.

Yep some people are just high stress people. Thankfully I am not. This job really should not be very stressful though. Drive around deliver packages work as directed. Go home do it all again tomorrow. Let management stress about numbers and such. Outside of losing a high value or money order an accident or being fired there isn't much to stress about.

With that said u should be entitled to stress leave. Our HR manager now spent all of a month as a driver sup before they had to take 3 moths of stress leave. Lol

preload1

So my vacation is coming up I have one week but my body needs more time than that to recover from the stress of this job. Asked if I could get a schedule week off the week after my one week is up and they said no I asked why and the answer was because the overall attendance in the center is no good so it's gonna be a problem to get a scheduled off. How do I go about solving this problem? All comments are appreciated. Thanks I'm advance.

Quit UPS and look for another job. Good luck with that in obama's America. Otherwise...suck it up.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't know what could be stressful about driving a package car all day, meeting people, seeing things ib the road, 1 hour break.

Only us inside pt employees should be stressed out. We are locked down in a warehouse everyday, seeing the same faces everyday, 10 min break, crappy pay, much harder labor. No offense, but it seems like the older you get, the more lazy you get. The only drivers who look stressed out at the end of the night are the old drivers (35 and above) and the fat drivers. I don't think there is nothing hard about ANY work at UPS. People are just lazy.

DainGrant

Imma take that stress leave not that imma lazy Kat it's just that I need some time off that's it. If I wanted to quit I would have done that a long time ago.

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is no reason for to be stressed,You need to understand and manage your stressors, don't fight them. you'll figure out that changing your negative mentality & perspective can significantly reduce your stress.

Thanks,
​Davidmex

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
At the risk of sounding like an old man shouting at clouds: Deal with it. The job didnt pick you,YOU picked it. It aint never gonna be a bed of roses,and if your feelings are hurt becasue that bad old supervisor was mean to you then you be a man,grow a pair and stand up for yourself. You are stressed ONLY because YOU allow them to stress you out!
Geico Drill Sargent Therapist Commercial 2010.mpg - YouTube

iruhnman630

The only way you should get 'stress leave' should be to go out on short term disability for mental illness.

Otherwise, you need to find some other way to de-stress. You are in no way entitled to extra time off.

Integrity

Binge Poster
DainGrant,

Many big corporations thrive on the oppression of the workforce.

It is very sad and is probably the cause of much suffering in the world.

I am sorry for your pain.

Seek serenity through the sufferings of this life and you will find the true life, life everlasting.

The Original Serenity Prayer

Sincerely,
I

Indecisi0n

DainGrant,

Seek serenity through the sufferings of this life and you will find the true life, life everlasting.

Sincerely,
I

Or you could just skip all this mumbo-jumbo and just masturbate. That always helps.

stink219

DainGrant,

Sincerely,
I

Or you could just skip all this mumbo-jumbo and just masturbate. That always helps.
I second the motion!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Indecision,

My experience here and your own claims have stated that you don't care but this is a very immature response.

How old are you?

I think you may want to consider acting your age one day.

Sincerely,
I

Indecisi0n

Indecision,

My experience here and your own claims have stated that you don't care but this is a very immature response.

How old are you?

I think you may want to consider acting your age one day.

Sincerely,
I

How is it a immature response? It's what works for me. Why don't you try it and see if it works for you. If it doesn't work at first you know the saying, If at first you don't succeed....