Festive Bird Petition

rushfan

We need to petition Mr Davis to bring back the years old tradition of the festive bird. I never complained about it. Any ideas to bring it to fruition?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We need to petition Mr Davis to bring back the years old tradition of the festive bird. I never complained about it. Any ideas to bring it to fruition?

I would much rather see the money that was spent on the turkeys donated to a worthy cause.

I have yet to met a UPS employee, whether it be mgt or hourly, FT or PT, who cannot afford to buy a turkey. If I knew of one I would ensure that they did not go without.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would much rather see the money that was spent on the turkeys donated to a worthy cause.

I have yet to met a UPS employee, whether it be mgt or hourly, FT or PT, who cannot afford to buy a turkey. If I knew of one I would ensure that they did not go without.

It was a tradition that is older than your years on the planet. Thrown away because of the almighty dollar, when it was a gift for the back-breaking work that every employee gives to the company.

Some give it to charity, some use it for the holidays, and some lay it at the bottom of the freezer for 11 months. Either way, it always was a Thank You not a line on an accounting ledger.

Honestly I would rather have a "Thank You" from a direct member of management than a turkey handed to us by an unlucky PT sup picked to stand in a trailer out in the yard.
Our manager pulled us aside this year and thanked us for keeping the yard running smooth this year and I have to admit I was shocked to hear it. We could tell he meant it and that made all the difference to us.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Spent less than $10 for ours this year.

Honestly I would rather have a "Thank You" from a direct member of management than a turkey handed to us by an unlucky PT sup picked to stand in a trailer out in the yard.
Our manager pulled us aside this year and thanked us for keeping the yard running smooth this year and I have to admit I was shocked to hear it. We could tell he meant it and that made all the difference to us.

You hit it right on the head.
A sincere thank you from the people you work directly with means more than a $10 turkey.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It used to be traditional for the Center Manager to stay until the last driver made it back in on Christmas Eve. Mine said thanks, Merry Christmas, and that he will be on vacation next week in our PCM. He was gone as usual when I came in, I wanted to shake his hand. When I mentioned that in the office after I clocked out yesterday, one of the supervisors just called that "Old School". Yet another UPS Tradition down the drain.

We used to cook my turkey and enjoy it, but the last few years we donated it to a needy family. We bought a spiral sliced ham instead for about 16 bucks this year.

pretzel_man

It was a tradition that is older than your years on the planet. Thrown away because of the almighty dollar, when it was a gift for the back-breaking work that every employee gives to the company.

Some give it to charity, some use it for the holidays, and some lay it at the bottom of the freezer for 11 months. Either way, it always was a Thank You not a line on an accounting ledger.

In the late 1920's Jim Casey himself discontinued giving out the holiday turkey.

Unusual circumstances require action. I'm not upset at the loss of a turkey. Now, I am upset if a manager can't take time out to thank his / her people for a great peak season and hard work.

P-Man

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
In the late 1920's Jim Casey himself discontinued giving out the holiday turkey.

Unusual circumstances require action. I'm not upset at the loss of a turkey. Now, I am upset if a manager can't take time out to thank his / her people for a great peak season and hard work.

P-Man

That was the beginning of THE GREAT DEPRESSION

This is a recession, big difference (I know, time will tell)

I would agree more if the company wasn't safely sleeping on a pile of money. Not as much as last year, but it's still a big pile.

Merry Xmas, P-man

pretzel_man

That was the beginning of THE GREAT DEPRESSION

This is a recession, big difference (I know, time will tell)

I would agree more if the company wasn't safely sleeping on a pile of money. Not as much as last year, but it's still a big pile.

Merry Xmas, P-man

In my 34 years with UPS, I have never seen a financial situation like this one.

I know that the worldwide financial situation has greatly affected me personally.

I guess the severity of today's condition as compared to the previous one is a matter of degree. In either case, management then felt the turkeys needed to be discontinued, and so did management today.

I was wrong about the date by the way. Turkeys were suspended between 1937 and 1944.

Have a great Christmas as well,

P-Man

A

anonymous6

you are a number.
do your job ( be gratetful we gave you one ) and be quiet.

the new UPS.

being facetious.