few questions about backround checks, hub location not available to apply at on web

hi there I have a few questions.

1. if I am interested in a package handler position and I go to apply after watching a sort, will ups give me a backround check?
2. If so, can anyone tell me what ups will, and will not pass? more specifically, to get personal with you alll...
I have a non felony domestic violence charge on my record, from over 3 years ago. misdemeanor charge. it has gotten in the way of being able to get jobs several times in the last few years. can anyone tell me, will ups hire someone with a charge on their record?
3. I was told to apply for package-handler on the ups job site, but the hub near me does not come up at all when searching, let alone my city....but I was told even if the job is not open now, I can still apply. I failed to see what I am missing here. why is nothing coming up for my search of salt lake city, or package handler? how can I still apply if the position is not posted? thanks a bunch for your help!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: few questions about backround checks, hub location not available to apply at on w

Michael, the reason you unable to apply for a job in SLC is that there are currently no openings there.

As to your question, I honestly do not know if your misdemeanor will preclude you from working at UPS. If it were a felony you would be unable to apply but I'm not sure about misdemeanors.

kingOFchester

Re: few questions about backround checks, hub location not available to apply at on w

hi there I have a few questions.

1. if I am interested in a package handler position and I go to apply after watching a sort, will ups give me a backround check?
2. If so, can anyone tell me what ups will, and will not pass? more specifically, to get personal with you alll...
I have a non felony domestic violence charge on my record, from over 3 years ago. misdemeanor charge. it has gotten in the way of being able to get jobs several times in the last few years. can anyone tell me, will ups hire someone with a charge on their record?
3. I was told to apply for package-handler on the ups job site, but the hub near me does not come up at all when searching, let alone my city....but I was told even if the job is not open now, I can still apply. I failed to see what I am missing here. why is nothing coming up for my search of salt lake city, or package handler? how can I still apply if the position is not posted? thanks a bunch for your help!

Can the charge be expunged?

Floyd Gondolli

I'm in Los Angeles..........Dog! You should be fine. For those in So-Cal. GRANDE VISTA! I'm just saying.

Listen to Eyehategod!

gorilla75jdw

if yur on probation in my area they will not hire you

menotyou

bella amicizia

If they are desperate enough, they will hire you.