Fighting ORION discipline...

BrownTexas

Has anyone had any success fighting ORION discipline. It is bluntly obvious ORION doesn't work. Between leaving the building late, ORION asking to deliver commercial stops after 5:00pm, and ORION not allotting for lunch, what other ways have you combated any discipline towards not running your percentage of ORION that has been asked of you.... Asking for a friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What percentage are we taking about? It was 85, but now they are talking 90. Get a bunch of bulk and bombers and the whole thing won't work.

BrownTexas

They are asking 85%. But some routes of ours can only do that during a perfect storm, which rarely occurs. I don't worry much because I deliver 48 sq blocks that are only 5 streets wide.

A

Article 3

Run it 100%. The diad doesn't have a running % screen to tell you how many breaks you've actually made.
Problem solved.

bumped

The best way not to run Orion is to run it at 100% for a few days. Then, go on the 9.5 list, and now you won't have to run it anymore. Refresh for every new center manager you get.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Has anyone had any success fighting ORION discipline. It is bluntly obvious ORION doesn't work. Between leaving the building late, ORION asking to deliver commercial stops after 5:00pm, and ORION not allotting for lunch, what other ways have you combated any discipline towards not running your percentage of ORION that has been asked of you.... Asking for a friend.
Define "discipline".

Anything more than a warning letter?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Since day one of Orion. I run 95 to 99%. I follow it as safely as possible. They told me not to follow it. I refused. I said what incentive do I have not to follow it. I make way more money. Also the 1st stop Orion. I love driving past stops. Just to get it. So far I'm 8k above last yr. Thanks Orion. Do it their way make bank

DriverNerd

I follow Orion as close to 100% as I can, making sure to make safety my #1 priority and service #2. I don't break trace for safety issues, I will drive out of my way or around the block if needed. Extra miles, not my problem. I will only break trace if it will involve me having late air or missing a commercial stop. Pretty much for no other reason except some exceptions - customer requests, delivery windows, can't find earlier, etc. I put on 10-20 more miles per day than I need to, but that's their problem. I deliver less stops now than in the past, but make more money with the extra driving around.

All the driver's know me as the guy who says, "Of course I follow Orion. I'd take a $20k a year pay cut if I did my route efficiently"

Every time I get a new supervisor I hear the same thing. "I'm going to fix your Orion trace" Yup, they work on it one day, it gets worse. Never hear about it again until the next new supervisor.